Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

coming off drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont know how this works. But i need some positive feedback. I been using alot of heroin and im finally sick and tired. I just want to stop and get my life back together. I have suboxone for when my withdrawal start getting bad. I cant go into inpatient because i need to move and i have to keep my job. I have a prescription for the suboxone. I need some adviceon how to get back on track.:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ZI like your comment. O need positive insight. Want to talk?
  • SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi HarleyD007

Welcome to TheSite. I've moved your thread to our Drink & Drugs section so that more people will be able to comment.

It sounds like you're having a hard time trying to stop using heroin but it sounds positive that you've begun to make steps to do this. It's not an easy accomplishment, but with the right support it's definitely possible to get things back on track. There's a True Story article here on TheSite called How I came off heroin which might be useful to you.

It sounds stressful that you feel under pressure to keep your job when you're in need of further help. Addaction offer information and support for young people and adults who are currently having problems related to drugs or alcohol. It might be worth getting in touch with them to see what sort of support you could get.

Well done for making this positive step and let us know how you are getting on.