Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

suspended from work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
im a union rep at work and recently we were out on industrial action over contract changes.Its been 7 week since we returned to work and today I asked my supervisor for a half day for my daughters birthday and refused,on my way out the office I said "yous can all fuck off for me".this was not directed at my supervisor and was more thinking out loud.upon returning from my dinner I was took into a office and told I was suspended on full pay whilst they investigated the matter.i explained it was not directed at anyone person and more in general.i have a 7 year unblemished record and im worried about how this will affect it.I recently got a colleague off with a written war4ning for telling the same guy to "fuck off and get back in your office you little prick.
surely they cant take my offence further than a previous one that was much worse in content and attitude.
any words/help or advice gratefully accepted.

Comments

• GregGreg Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi there,

It seems like you are going through a rough situation. It does sound like you are being treated unfairly and that must be hard. From what you said about your colleague having similar words about your boss it sounds like your boss can be hard to work with. What is it about your boss that makes it hard to work under him? Has anyone else had any problems like this also besides your colleague and you?

Also, it may be a good idea to ask this question to ACAS. They specialize in legal issues that happen in the workplace so they may be able to help you. Here is the link to the website.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry to say this but, serve you right for 'thinking out loud' and swearing !!!