Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Early Access Service.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya.

So my doctor at my local doctors referred me to EAS - Early Access Service about two months ago and I've still heard nothing and I'm in a pretty bad way! I didn't even ask her to refer me to them she did it because she saw I wasn't 'myself'. I'm already seeing out patients at a mental health hospital every 2 - 3 months but this EAS is for moderate to severe mental health thats all I know, any information would be welcomed, if they ever contact me. I've asked for help in the past before when I've been in crisis and they either just don't give a fuck and leave you to it, or see you for 2 - 3 weeks and then fuck you off. That's one of the reasons I won't ask for help anymore even when I'm capable of knowing I need it. I will give credit where credit is due though, I've been seen at the out patients since I turned 18. I reckon most of these so called 'health professionals' are just in it for the the money, they don't care. X

Comments

• Options
    Heya Starlight,

I really don't think you're the only one to think along the lines of health professionals being in it for the money rather than actually wanting to help people. It's a shame, because the majority are really there to make a positive difference and you can tell. It only takes a few to spoil the reputation though hey.

I'm glad you've had a referral to EAS, not so glad you've come to a point of needing it though bless you. Sorry you're not yourself so much at the moment. How long has it been since the referral was made? I know these referrals can take quite a long time unfortunately. Try not to worry if it is early days, although easier said than done I know. Do feel free to chase them too however; maybe try speaking to your GP about the referral to help put your mind at ease?

I for one know how hard it is to ask for help when you've just been rejected in the past so much. I just want to reassure you though that it's not always a no, and that holding out for a yes as such can be so worth it. When you get pushed away, just fobbed off and rejected, it hurts and it's very understandable to feel apprehensive about putting yourself in a similar position yet again. As I say, maybe try to talk to your GP about your worries and concerns regarding the referral and see how you get on.

Feel free to let chat about things here too!! We're here for you and hopefully you won't feel as let down here. Well done for reaching out for the support you very much deserve, it's not easy *hug*
  • Options
    Hi *rach*.

The referral was made about 2 months ago, still heard nothing. Yeah I don't ask for help any more. Yeah I will, thank you :-). X