Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cocaine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are the short term immediate effects of doing this?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It's rushy, euphoric, it makes you talk and can install confidence.
    On the flip side it can make you feel edgy and paranoid, give you a dry mouth and hurt your nose.

If you do it try not to mix it with alcohol as it increases the damage and risk to your body.

I've personally never been much of a fan of coke. I've done it enough but usually because I've been drunk and thought it a good idea - and yes I know that's contrary to my advice above.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    It's rushy, euphoric, it makes you talk and can install confidence.
    On the flip side it can make you feel edgy and paranoid, give you a dry mouth and hurt your nose.

I think the positive side effects outdo the negative ones.

Thanks Skive - will take your advice on board.

Not really. https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/cocaine/cocaine_effects.shtml

Having read some of your other threads and knowing what's been going on for you at the mo - my honest advice would be to steer well clear. Don't look to it as a fixer, it won't end well.
    The comedowns for me are fucking nightmarish.

Also it can make you a bit of a bell end. You feel like you're a really important person but in reality, nobody else really gives a shit about what you have to say.
    I adore the fact that it would be such a reckless thing to do, the likely short term fix would just be a huge bonus.
    grace wrote: »
    Also it can make you a bit of a bell end. You feel like you're a really important person but in reality, nobody else really gives a shit about what you have to say.

This genuinely sounds amazing to me though - not giving a crap about what I might say or about what people might think of me.

Cheers guys :)
    MikeS wrote: »
    Having read some of your other threads and knowing what's been going on for you at the mo - my honest advice would be to steer well clear. Don't look to it as a fixer, it won't end well.

I agree with Mike on this one. Ultimately whatever you do in life is your business, but people are voicing their concerns for valid reasons. Yes cocaine might provide you with a short term "fix" but it can also make any form of mental health problem so much worse. You've seen the affects of alcohol and mental illness combined - drugs take that to a new level. What can start as innocent fun can get out of hand and have serious or fatal consequences...for the people that impacts, it's a huge thing. Maybe right now you don't care about people around you, but I will be completely honest when I say that watching someone lose control and slip from innocent fun to harmful behaviour is so incredibly hard and painful. And that switch can be unintentional: can you 110% trust whoever will be dealing to you? Do you really know that whatever you buy is pure and not laced with some crap?

I'm not anti-drugs but I'm anti the impact they have on people. I'm anti how fucking hard it is to rebuild your life after watching someone lose theirs.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Talk to Frank also have some useful information on Cocaine, you can find the article here, but I'm going to have to agree with the above posters on this Bae! :heart:
    Of course I can't be sure that it's going to be pure but everyone else seems to trust this person 110 percent. And I do care about people around me - if everyone knew exactly what was going on in my head then you'd all probably understand a lot more. And woth, you can't really say that after the conversation we had.

Y'all are overreacting to be honest - I only asked about short term effects. That's harmless.
    It depends how short term you're talking, and what dose you will be taking at the time.
    ella! wrote: »

I'm not anti-drugs but I'm anti the impact they have on people. I'm anti how fucking hard it is to rebuild your life after watching someone lose theirs.

I'm just going to repeat this and reiterate how easily harmless drug taking can go wrong. Do not say that short term drug taking is harmless. You cannot guarantee that. You just cannot.

You asked a question. You got an answer. People who care aren't going to advocate something which could have some damaging consequences, not just for you.
    ella! wrote: »
    I'm just going to repeat this and reiterate how easily harmless drug taking can go wrong. Do not say that short term drug taking is harmless. You cannot guarantee that. You just cannot.

You asked a question. You got an answer. People who care aren't going to advocate something which could have some damaging consequences, not just for you.

What the wise owl said.
    I didn't say short term drug taking is harmless - I said asking about short term effects is harmless. I know the majority of people won't advocate this either and I'm not expecting that.

I asked about effects though, that's it. I don't need people telling me I'm in the wrong.
    What's been said so far is pretty much what if say. I think to an extent you know deep down what the best thing to do is, whish is why you've asked the question to start with. My thoughts...don't bother. There's so many more positive ways to manage what you're going through and better ways to manage your feelings. Think about others as well as yourself.
    I don't appreciate the fact people seem to think I don't give a crap about others.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Cocaine is one of the most harmful drugs there is, highly addictive with some really unpleasant side effects, both physical and mental side effects.

I've been part of a drug taking crowd for 18 years and without a doubt I have seen more people develop problems with coke than any other drug.

Worth considering its effect on society and other people involved in its production and sale. It causes and contributes to suffering worldwide on a massive scale. There is a strong moral argument to why you shouldn't help fund its trade and production.
    Weekender Offender 
    I don't appreciate the fact people seem to think I don't give a crap about others.
    I wasn't suggesting you didn't give a crap. I know how difficult it can be. I know how hard it is to express the fact you do care about people when your behaviour suggests otherwise however; it is possible. Avoiding this situation is also very possible. Please take on board what your community are saying to you *hug*
    My behaviour doesn't suggest I don't care about others - it suggests that I care more about easing whatever. If I seem selfish then so be it. I'm done with this thread. Thanks all for your input.