Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

alcohol and cocaine binge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been a regular drinker and cocaine user for quite a few years but had periods of not drinking or using anything from 2 weeks to 12 months i dont depend on either asbi can function without i think there is some kind of addiction but mainly habit at its worst i could be drinking and taking cocaine 3 times in 1 week.
new years eve i started drinking at 5pm also taking drugs i had a few people at my flat then all went into town and i rolled in and went to bed at 9am. I haven't had a drink or used drugs for 3 weeks so i can compare how i felt yesterday and today to a few days ago. I suffer with mental health and the after effects of alcohol and drugs seem to hit me more than anyone else i know. What has scared me the most is the memory loss from new years eve i have never suffered with memory loss after alcohol or drugs my plan is to stop both alcohol and drugs and concentrate on my health especially my mental state. My mood is still very low today i lack energy and motivation. Ive been drinking plenty of water i have eaten and had fruit etc ive also had a lot of sleep but this come down is alwful. Has anyone else experienced a comedown? Any ideas what could help me get through this?

Comments

• SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi purple 88

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with alcohol and drug use. It sounds like new year's eve was particularly difficult. It seems like you want to make steps to stop and you've already tried drinking lots of water and eating healthily, which sounds positive, and it's likely it would be wise to continue this.

In case you haven't already seen it, there is an article on TheSite about coping with comedowns which might be useful. There is also some information about cocaine on the FRANK website which might be helpful.

I hope you are able to look after yourself over the next few days as the effects wear off and do let us know how you get on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks sarah. My mood isnt as low but im lacking energy and motivation ive just been in my flat feeling sorry for myself. Still can't face the world today maybe tomorrow
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How are you Sarah? I hope your doing well. I remember my friend through your case, he is addicted to alcohol and drugs since he broke up with his long time girlfriend. He felt so depress that's why using substance became his escape to reality. In fact, the substance help him move on for a while not until he became dependent on it and made his depression worse. He's hopeless and down, so convincing him to stop took us some time. A relative encourage him to seek treatment with the guide of a recovery drug rehabilitation. My friend changes a lot better than before, what is nice is he met a girl inside rehab. He didn't just got sober but he also got a new girl. There are lots of ways to improve your mood, I heard meditation is relaxing. Don't lose hope, everything will get better.