Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tapatalk - app update

plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Morning!
I don't know how much you lovely lot have to do with the tapatalk functionality upgrades etc or whether you just push the content through, buuuut there was recently an upgrade and the latest post thingy doesn't seem to work any longer (second from the left on screenshot attached). I don't think it's just me having this problem.
Is there anything you can do to get it fixed? :D
Ta!
Attachment not found.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Heya :)

We don't have any control over Tapatalk functionality I'm afraid as it's an app totally independent of us. I noticed the change too but I tend to use the middle button which is for 'Unread' posts which is pretty much the same as Latest Posts I think?

Attachment not found.

What do you reckon?

:chin:
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Normally if mine doesn't work, I close the app or restart my phone and it works then
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Heya :)

We don't have any control over Tapatalk functionality I'm afraid as it's an app totally independent of us. I noticed the change too but I tend to use the middle button which is for 'Unread' posts which is pretty much the same as Latest Posts I think?

Attachment not found.

What do you reckon?

:chin:

Hey Jo,
    Main difference for me is that latest posts used to show the latest posts, whether I'd read them or not. So if there are threads I've read and then want to come back to or ones that I go into often, they'd be in there and easy to find as opposed to now having to navigate through the boards (hence my kicking up a stink!). I also find for some reason that unread just doesn't have every single post on the boards on (even ones unread) - I dunno, I'd just got into the habit of using tapa that way because it was easiest for me!
    I don't think it shows all the unread posts or latest threads, I noticed that before the latest update. With this one I have to keep refreshing the unread page for it to load those further down the page.
    The buttons to reply vanished again
    Attachment not found.
    If the button disappears, click on the quick reply as well, it should appear. It had happened with me
    It happened to me just now,
    b0023e9c548331fc550c3f49b0bd437b.jpg
    95091dba38b0227909315fbf52d340a6.jpg
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Ooh my button has started working again, hurrah :)
    Mine too. But now I'm not being signed out.

Thanks hann, will try that next time the button disappears.