Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bug reports

DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Add them here.

Dom
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The adding of about 100 posts- which you've already read but I'm being good and putting it here too!! :)

But I don't really want them taken off..... I like being an insane poster!! Would have taken me a month to get that 100!!
    I don't know if this is really a bug, but I have nearly twice the number of posts that I did before the remodelling of the Site.

I don't really care, but thought you'd like to know.
  • DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Post totals

OK, will have this looked into.
    We could strip everyone back to zero?
    Yeah I seem to have gained a few free stars as well, never thought I'd be able to cheat my way to Crazy Poster;)!

The layout's better, but some posts are coming up out of line (i.e. wider than others rather than in a neat line). Some are also coming up out of order (eg in Sport, Ebbs summary post about those of us in the Fantasy Footie League is now showing before my post listing my team... maybe Ebb has developed new psychic qualities???:eek: ).

Oh yeah, had to log in from scratch again, and my sigs not working, have I got to reactivate this too?
    Re: Post totals
    Originally posted by Dom
    OK, will have this looked into.
    We could strip everyone back to zero?

DONT YOU DARE

I've worked long and hard for my 4500 posts, besides, I've only had a couple of thousand added on anyway
    I like the way you can change the words, I don't like being "extreme" it sounds really geeky and American. :p
    Some of the image tags seem to have been removed...Peoples sigs are all screwy and some of them are extremely large cos of broken links and screw up the page layout..
    It's because they've turned off the UBB IMG code in the signatures. If they turn it on again then the problem will be solved.
    arg, why would they do such a terrible thing? no pics in sigs :eek: :eek:
    Who knows

Check your private messages please
    Where have my PMs gone? I had two that were saved and therefore waiting for a reply ... only they're not there anymore!!!:( :(:(
    Yep, another post number increase thingy going on.... I'm not complaining. But it's strange.

Oh, and you could make the transition to this site more obvious - it's not really that noticeable from the Site proper. But that's just pedantry, and I'm sure that it's all in hand.

It's much appreciated, it's really quite nice now...
    the serach facility isn't working quite right i don't think, i did a search. it said there was 84 results, but would only show one thread.
    :)
    session management appears ropey
    Originally posted by mr turbo head
    session management appears ropey

Refine that statement? Do you get logged out often?
    Originally posted by Alistair

Do you get logged out often?

It's logged me out (not through choice) a couple of times, never used to happen:confused::confused:
    Originally posted by Alistair
    Refine that statement? Do you get logged out often?

Yes.
    I want my posts back please! ta :)
    Are you using AOL?

Sararararara has that problem and she uses AOL. I haven't had any problems using IE or Opera.
    i am using aol aswell, and i have just recently started getting logged out of thesite. happened a few times in the past hour or so.
    the dull white background is bugging me but then whats new. i liked orange
    I quite like change so meh.

Only problems I've been getting apart from a few smileys not loading is an IE Error which states:

"Error 502 - Bad Gateway"

Something for the techies? :D

About Error 502:
    The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to fulfill the request.

I'll keep ya posted,
    Phil. :p
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    I want my posts back please! ta :)

Although I've not lost nearly as much as FireyFirenze I wouldn't mind the 150+ psots that have been robbed off me.

Also why can you choose the 'color' of my text, but not the 'Colour'. Maybe I'm being picky but most of us here to speak English, not American. :D
    1) all my good...lovely private messages have been sent to cyber heaven
    2) I wnated to get rid of all those emails u sent (so i pressed the button to unsubscribe) but an error happens.....and it wont unsubscribe me. I tried it like 50 times and ended up just blocking the adress which thoroughly annoyed me.
    3) i keep being loged off or getting messages from my virus coorector person which then closes thsi winodw..its relaly annoying. Its hapneing much more then ever.I believ the problem most be with you?
    Originally posted by 'Skive

Although I've not lost nearly as much as FireyFirenze I wouldn't mind the 150+ psots that have been robbed off me.

Also why can you choose the 'color' of my text, but not the 'Colour'. Maybe I'm being picky but most of us here to speak English, not American. :D

Like in HTML standard worldwide tags are used. It just happens that they are in american. Deal with it :p

People may have got logged out a couple of times while the mods were working on the boards, but the amount of times it happened to sararara was unnatural.
    It keeps asking me to log in too, even though it knows I'm here because I'm on the "Who's Here" list thing at the top of the forum.

Just out of interest, what was wrong with the previous UBB version? Are you guys just trying to stay ahead of the competition?
    Re: The Search
    Originally posted by ambates
    I swear this is vB error but I am sure it aint working!

Top of the list of fixes.
    Originally posted by Kentish
    It keeps asking me to log in too, even though it knows I'm here because I'm on the "Who's Here" list thing at the top of the forum.

Just out of interest, what was wrong with the previous UBB version? Are you guys just trying to stay ahead of the competition?

Not sure what's happening with the log-in/session issues. Reg is on this one.

We changed from UBB because we felt it was a little limited in its options. As for being "ahea dof the competition", it's more of a case of following (Thanatos will undoubtably label us as sheep for this) - we've been recommended VBulletin by a number of other sites which changed to it.

Dom
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104
    1) all my good...lovely private messages have been sent to cyber heaven
    2) I wnated to get rid of all those emails u sent (so i pressed the button to unsubscribe) but an error happens.....and it wont unsubscribe me. I tried it like 50 times and ended up just blocking the adress which thoroughly annoyed me.
    3) i keep being loged off or getting messages from my virus coorector person which then closes thsi winodw..its relaly annoying. Its hapneing much more then ever.I believ the problem most be with you?

Hmmm... "difficult" user alert! ;)

Will pass this on.
    difficult? *pasues* oh......but everyone treats me like a princes *bats eyelashes* why cant you :P