Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scared of my own thoughts

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
Once again I don't know what to do ... took an overdose on Sunday .. came out of hospital yesterday .. so tempted to take another and I'm scared of my own thoughts ..

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Bubbles,

How are you feeling since yesterday?

It's brave of you to post your own thread about this - so often posts can get lost in the 'hugs' thread, but it's clear you're really struggling and could do with somewhere to offload that will definitely be seen.

You haven't given us much here, but the fact you've been in hospital is a big deal. But by the sounds of it relatively quickly discharged? Do you have a crisis team at the moment or anyone in mental health services you feel able to get some support from?

The fact you think you might end up repeating the overdose suggests you don't feel as if you're getting what you need at the moment, so it would be good to hear a bit more about how you're feeling about what happened.

Do you feel this is something you'd like to discuss here on TheSite?

If you feel more comfortable with 1-2-1 support, how do you feel like services like Samaritans or Supportline?

There's also TESS - a service for girls and young women specifically. You can text them monday-Friday on 0780 047 2908.

We also have an article on self-poisoning and overdose on TS which is pretty informative.

Take care,

*hug*

Helen
  • Options
    Sorry haven't had much WiFi ... got admitted to hospital on the 25th of last month and got sectioned on the 27th ... so still in inpatient .... I'm allowed a day pass and bought more paracetamol yet again ... I don't know why I can't stop cause I don't want to die but I feel like it's the only way ...

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Bubbles

It sounds like you've had a really rough time recently *hug* Have you been given any indication of when the section may be lifted? Inpatient stays can be incredibly daunting, if you haven't already, it might be worth considering putting together a comfort box or similar to provide some relief from the surroundings. Having something you can smell, touch, see and taste is often recommended, although within reason to the rules on the ward.

I'm sorry to hear that you might not be allowed to go home for Christmas, has this been definitely confirmed? As hard as it is, I guess the hospital and your care team will have your best interests at heart. Will you be able to have family visits on the day?

What would you like to achieve from this admission? It might sound like a strange question, but it was something I was asked when I was a voluntary inpatient and I found the chance to reflect on things in a safe place helpful. Linking that to a care plan can give a sense of direction when you're in hospital.

As much as possible, be kind to yourself x
  • Options
    Naw but I. Think they were thinking of putting me on another section ... cause mine runs out on Christmas day ... I've got photos and my blankets from home ... and a teddy from work lol ... I find out in the next hour about Christmas ... I can't have my family visiting on Christmas cause the hospital is over 200mile from my home ... they flew me here in the air ambulance ... and I want to achieve not having to die ? And I want these voices to stop ...

• Options
    *hug* im assuming you've now found about Christmas day? What have they said? teddies and blankets always make things a bit more homely, well they do for me anyway :) Not got much to say sorry lovely but wanted to offer lots of *hug* *hug* *hug* and to say people care and ill be bout over next few days and remember your not alone :heart:
  • Options
    Don't think I'm getting out ... they haven't said but not even allowed off the ward on my own just now cause I had a bad night cause I found out one of my friends died ... they don't get that everyone has bad nights ... especially after a death ...

• Options
    Sorry to hear you had a bad night Bubbles and what sad news about your friend :( That's a lot to take in and deal with and of course it's going to have an impact on you. Is there anyone on the ward who you feel safe with or able to talk to? We're thinking of you *hug*
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    :heart: *hug*s we are here for you lovely

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Don't think I'm getting out ... they haven't said but not even allowed off the ward on my own just now cause I had a bad night cause I found out one of my friends died ... they don't get that everyone has bad nights ... especially after a death ...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Bubbles *hug*'s - Have you been able to talk to anyone about your friend, or how you're feeling at the moment? - It might help having someone to let it out to, and explore how you are! - It sounds like the ward are doing what they can to keep you safe however, and it's about taking it one step at a time, were here for you Bubbles *hug* - and keep reaching out to us :heart:
  • Options
    Thanks .. still not allowed out on my own ... was stuck doing nothing on Christmas ... but my section ended yesterday so can legally leave now :D

• Options
    SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi Bubbles

That's good news that you've been allowed to go now. I'm sorry Christmas has been so hard.

What are you planning to do next? I hope today is a bit easier for you.

Sarah
  • Options
    Turns out if I leave they'll get the police to bring me back ... even though I'm not on a section ... Can they even do that ?

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Turns out if I leave they'll get the police to bring me back ... even though I'm not on a section ... Can they even do that ?

They can if they think you're at risk. However, if you discharge yourself properly they shouldn't really be calling the police on you. You can always explain your reasons as to leaving, but you don't really want to be sectioned again, how long have they recommended you stay?
  • Options
    Been sectioned again ...

• Options
    Been sectioned again ...

Sorry to hear that things are still really hard for you Bubbles, let us know how you're getting on when you can *hug*
  • Options
    Still in hospital but off my section :) got a meeting about discharge tomorrow so hopefully home next week :)