Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Your first drunk experience...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What was your first experience of being drunk like, and how old were you when it happened?

I ask because I'm 18 years and 2 months, I've never been drunk before and I only just had my first house party last night. I was the only one (minus a designated driver) who didn't get drunk, or even drink at all. I've been pressured into drinking, mocked and had the piss taken out of me for not drinking, but I don't plan on starting any time soon.

I'm just really interested in what y'alls first experiences was like. I'd post mine, but obviously, I can't...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd been tipsy once before but the first time I properly drank and was drunk, I was 17 (I think) and I'd just started hanging out with my ex. There's nothing to it really, we just stayed in and drank.

It's really great to see you're sticking to your guns and not drinking. You do whatever feels right for you and true friends shouldn't pressure you at all, you've every right to make your own decisions.
    Please don't feel like you have to drink. I'm not that keen on the feeling of being drunk so try to stay out of those situations if possible so don't feel like you have to drink if you don't want to. 😊
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    i had been tipsy a few times before but the first time i got drunk i was wrecked... i was 14 and there was a huge local drinking festival on and i woke up in hospital the next day with my sister sitting beside me, apparently i was spin drinking vodka and stopped breathing... never had straight vodka since :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Spin drinking??
    I was 17. I was stupid enough to mix drinks on an empty stomach. I did nearly vomit - partly because of the taste of the whiksy I had (which I've not touched since) more than anything else.
    Spin drinking??

like i had a bottle of vodka and was drinking it while spinning around in circles ... if that makes sense :L apparently it makes it go to your head faster...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Melian wrote: »
    I was 17. I was stupid enough to mix drinks on an empty stomach. I did nearly vomit - partly because of the taste of the whiksy I had (which I've not touched since) more than anything else.

think the most important thing we've all learnt is never drink spirits on your first proper drinking night :P
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    think the most important thing we've all learnt is never drink spirits on your first proper drinking night :p

potm ;)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Think the first time I got a little tipsy I must have been about 10. I remember eating all the fruit at the bottom of a bowl of punch.

Drinking on my own with an actual aim to get pissed I was probably 14 on a mixture of Swan lager and Old Country cider. Good times.
    Weekender Offender 
    I think I was about 15/16 when I got properly drunk for the first time. Good times :) Me and my mates would climb into our old Junior school, my mate would climb up onto the roof (wasnt high) and find us a football. We'd play football and get pissed on some horrible manky cheap beer. We'd be home for 10:30 haha. They were good times though. Just out with my mates having a laugh.

EDIT : Jeez i'm out of practice with all this forum malarky. Didnt realise this was an oldish thread!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    GoodFella wrote: »
    EDIT : Jeez i'm out of practice with all this forum malarky. Didnt realise this was an oldish thread!

This place is so quiet now. May have been an oldish post but was still one of the most recent. It's like that with a lot of forums now unfortunately.
    Weekender Offender 
    like i had a bottle of vodka and was drinking it while spinning around in circles ... if that makes sense :L apparently it makes it go to your head faster...

that sounds fucking grim

first time I got drunk I was at a friend's dad's birthday party in a bar when we were about thirteen, and all his friends kept buying us drinks so long as we didn't tell him. semi-creepy but well meaning and fun.

that sounds fucking grim

first time I got drunk I was at a friend's dad's birthday party in a bar when we were about thirteen, and all his friends kept buying us drinks so long as we didn't tell him. semi-creepy but well meaning and fun.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    First time was on the German exchange, someone brought Bacardi, we ran out of coke so I kept drinking it neat.

Worst. Idea. Ever. My host family wanted to kick me out, somehow we're all still friends now, but they never let me drink when I go to visit :blush:
    think the most important thing we've all learnt is never drink spirits on your first proper drinking night :P

I was also told (why I didn't listen, I will never know!) something about sniffing it? Instead, I just downed it. No wonder I wanted to just vomit. It was rather vile!
    meggles wrote: »
    If anyone has had sourz fusion crap.. please tell me you think they are vile to?

What are they? I've looked them up and they look like a low alcohol alcopop version of sourz
    Hi there Guzzo, don?t mind the people who mocked you from not drinking, you're just doing the right thing. I remember my first drunk experience, I?m only 16 years old that time, and it happened in my cousins house. It?s my first time to attend a house party, so I?m really excited and can?t resist myself not to get drunk. At first, I just feel nothing after drinking 3 cups of beer, but after an hour, I suddenly feel dizzy and I feel my world is slowing down, after that I don?t know what happened. The next day, I woke up in the bathroom, caught myself lying in the bowl, vomit all over the floor (which is really disgusting) and I feel my head is gonna explode. I feel sick (very sick), I don?t know how I?m feeling that time, all I know is that I?m craving for a cold water (a really cold one). All my cousins and friends are laughing at me, mocked and making fun with what I did when I was drunk. I keep on asking them what happen but they were just laughing. But then, I never thought that it will be the start of my addiction, well luckily after I attend some alcohol rehabilitation recovery program, I manage to recover and bring back my sober life. My only advice to you is to keep what you are doing, alcohol will not do anything good for you.
    First time I drank I was about 18/19 (this was late for me compared to some friends), prior to a birthday party. I started in a bar, had two pints and was tipsy already. Got to my mates flat and drank a few spirits and basically passed out and puked everywhere. Blacked out. Dragged onto a taxi with a few other drunken folk. Got to the restaurant where the party was held. We all got kicked out cause we were too drunk lol.

7 years on, if I drank the same volume as that night, I'd probably just start to feel it. I don't drink very often, only on social outings. But I know I can handle my drink much better than before.

Peer pressure is a load of crap, if you have friends that do that to you I'd consider finding a different crowd. I've gotten rid of folk from my life who are like that and stuck with those who aren't. Enjoy how you wanna enjoy these events
    i was 14 at the time

i stole a flask of vodka from my house (i'd been buzzed but never drunk) and went to a party where i ended up taking 2mg of kpins, smoked a bowl of sour diesel, and lost my virginity in the back of a truck lmao it was a hell of a night