Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anti psychotics

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey BlondieLiz, glad to hear the new medication is going well :) It sounds like a real minefield trying to find the right one, well done for persevering!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    One of the older anti psychotics is Carbamazepine, which is primarily used for epelepsy but they also use it for mental health. I've been on it since I was 18 and I haven't gained weight and has helped me to some degree. The psychiatrist put me on a drug called quetiapine, which is a newer anti psychotic drug, don't ever go on it, makes you put weight on and is a bastard to get off due to severe withdrawals. I just stopped taking it mid December and 2 days in I was vomiting, I had the shits, I was shaking more than usual, I felt so weak and itchy! So I started taking 25mg every other day for a bit because the withdrawal was making me so ill. Its a pure evil drug. I'm also on other drugs they don't make you put weight on. Hope this helps! X