Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Positive Quotes Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quotes always make me feel slightly better or more hopeful,

So here we go quotes for when you're feeling low

After the storm comes a rainbow.
Life- you go through hell but at the end there's heaven

Add your own, let's get the positive vibes flowing:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is in my signature, but knowing my propensity for changing my signature I'll repeat it anyway,

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    A.A. Milne
    There are lot of positive quotes which I personally like but, right now I am reading a book and found this quote so, I will put it here. This a good thread Flow, positive thinking is helpful. :)

"You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that. We think so often that we are helpless, but we're not. We always have the power of our minds. Claim and consciously use your power."
    Louise L. Hay
    piccolo wrote: »
    This is in my signature, but knowing my propensity for changing my signature I'll repeat it anyway,

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    A.A. Milne

Used that quote to get me through my exams and it worked 5As n 4Bs

Life is a fight, but you're the champion... (by me)
    My sig, not the slut one though that counts too :)

Not really a quote as such, though it was said by someone.

I was at a funeral for a female friend (non religiousy sort of type thing) some years ago and the person taking it said...

"The passing of someone can be seen as a ship leaving port. We're all standing on the harbour sad and crying and waving goodbye and someone says 'there she goes'. But far far away there is another dock, with many people waving and cheering and someone shouts 'HERE SHE COMES' "
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I was at a funeral for a female friend (non religiousy sort of type thing) some years ago and the person taking it said...

"The passing of someone can be seen as a ship leaving port. We're all standing on the harbour sad and crying and waving goodbye and someone says 'there she goes'. But far far away there is another dock, with many people waving and cheering and someone shouts 'HERE SHE COMES' "

I like this, made me smile :)
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    My sig, not the slut one though that counts too :)

Not really a quote as such, though it was said by someone.

I love this

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    "If you judge people, you have no time to love them" - Mother Teresa
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Very classic, but one of my favourites.

"Even a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step"
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Here are some that I have searched:
    1. We are twice armed if we fight with faith - Plato
    2. That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche
    3. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places - Ernest Hemingway
    4. Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go - Hermann Hesse
    5. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power - Lao Tzu
    6. You have power over your mind ? not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength - Marcus Aurelius
    7. Where there is no struggle, there is no strength - Oprah Winfrey
    8. Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle - Napoleon Hill
    9. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill
    10. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure - Bill Cosby
    11. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it - Bruce Lee
    12. I don?t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody - Bill Cosby
    13. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
    14. Don?t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going. - Sam Levenson
    15. Success is not final, failure is fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts - Winston Churchill
    16. Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value - Albert Einstein
    17. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller
    18. Our character is what we do when we think no one else is looking - H. Jackson Brown Jr.
    19. The man who questions opinions is wise. the man who quarrels with facts is a fool - Frank Garbutt
    20. I have heard there are troubles of more than kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I?m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Dr. Seuss
    21. Don't frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile - Justine Milton
    22. A friend is what the heart needs all the time - Henry Van Dyke
    23. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead - Oscar Wilde
    24. A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same - Elbert Hubbard
    25. Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain - Joseph Campbell
    26. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye - H. Jackson Brown Jr.
    27. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - Eleanor Roosevelt
    28. Piglet - How do you spell love? Pooh - You don't spell it, you feel it.
    29. If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. - Christopher Robin
    30. I think we dream so we don?t have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together - Winnie the Pooh
    31. Change your thoughts and you change your world - Norman Vincent Peale
    32. To be free is to have achieved your life - Tennessee Williams
    33. We know what we are, but we know not what we may be - William Shakespeare
    34. The main thing is to know something and to say it - Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
    35. We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be - Kurt Vonnegut
    36. Positive anything is better than negative nothing - Elbert Hubbard
    37. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream - C. S. Lewis
    38. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts - Eleanor Roosevelt
    39. If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
    40. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
    41. In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can - Nikos Kazantzakis
    42. The secret of getting ahead is getting started - Mark Twain
    43. Well done is better than well said - Benjamin Franklin
    44. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better - Samuel Beckett
    45. If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn
    46. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines - Robert H. Schuller
    47. What you do today can improve all your tomorrows - Ralph Marston
    48. Do Something wonderful, people may imitate it - Albert Schweitzer
    49. It's always too early to quit Norman Vincent Peale
    50. Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land amongst the stars
    51. Problems are like washing machines. They twist us, spin us and knock us around, but in the end we come out cleaner, brighter and better than before
    52. The best way out is always through - Robert Frost
    53. Put your nightmares on the shelf and your dreams on the table
    54. Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being
    55. The mind is everything. What you think, you become - Buddha
    56. Life goes on, days get brighter
    57. You are not a burden
    58. Everything will be okay in the end, if it is not okay, it is not the end
    59. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible!" - Audrey Hepburn
    60. When one teaches, two learn - Robert Half
    okay so hannah stole my quote in her 60 she put :p

however dont think the
    'butterflies cant see how beautiful their wings are but others can see how beautiful they are'
    'Your just a caterpillar in a cucon soon to be a beautiful butterfly'
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    'your still sexy if you eat more than salad on a date'
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Not so much an actual quote - just sharing some amazing words from MikeS:
    MikeS wrote:
    I try and see the best in people. Everyone has a dark side, a side that we don't want other people to know about for whatever reason. But we all have that part to us so in my opinion there's no point in focusing on it - makes much more sense to me to look at the good in people and make the most of it. Like we all tell ourselves that the bad in us is what's special and it just isn't, it's a given if you're a human being. The good is what's unique, and well worth focusing on.