Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Overcharged by £90.08

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a £10 bag from a small shop last week..

It has come on to my account as £100.08 with the company name next to it. It's a really cheap bag shop and I don't see what you'd buy from £100.08.

The bank recommended that I go to the shop with a statement and see if they'll give it back, if they don't then call the police and try my bank's visa dispute line...

Thing is, I've just started a new job and now I am gonna struggle to eat for this month :( is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shit, found the receipt for £10
    Going back to the shop is probably your best first bet. They should be able to refund it straight back if they can pull the mistake up on their system.

When you say you found the recipt, do you mean the card receipt or the till receipt. If the card receipt shows £10 then get onto the dispute line.
    Only had a till receipt, but bank can verify the transaction to the company time matches the till receipt.
    What's the outcome? Any luck in getting your money back?
    It seems to me like they have committed fraud using your details overcharging you there is no excuse for this I would go to the shop and complain but DONT give them your receipt as they will distory the evidence I would definitely go to the police about this and also report them not sure if it's to trading standards or who but you should definitely look into this