Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scar Reduction?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Undoubtedly this question has been asked several times, but it requires hunting down which posts, and which are more effective, etc. The internet gives a variety of tactics on how to reduce scars, but I was wondering what you guys found most useful when tackling scar reduction? Other than the most common suggestion 'Bio-oil.'

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I found aloe Vera baby oil in a bath every time helped a lot and also the bio oil lotion is great :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cocoa butter works well on stretch marks so in theory it should work well on scars
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Cocoa butter works well on stretch marks so in theory it should work well on scars

:yes:

Depending on the size and location of the scars, you can get silicone gels or dressing which can be applied over the site to reduce redness. It's a fairly long term treatment but can work.

As well as that, and again location and size dependent, there is the option of skin camouflage or make up. There are a few over the counter products but I would recommend getting colour tested so you aren't all patchy! This isn't suitable for all types of scars however.

Vitamin E cream or E45 are also good :)
    Mum used to work in a facial injury team, and their best recommendation from years of experience was that it didn't matter too much what it was (on relatively new scars) as long as you rub it in, and regularly and lots.
    Just to add a little note...

Check you aren't allergic to any ingredients in things first - nothing worse than a reaction drawing attention (and probably making it quite irritated) to them xx