Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Implant and Physical Health.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had the implant put in about three months ago, and since then I have been unwell physically, but my doctor put this down to my vitamin D deficiency and the fact i have an overactive thyroid.

The thing is I've had a constant period now for two months, this is a sign of not only overactive thyroid but having a implant in two, I went back to my doctor who suggested i go on the pill, which i did but it only made things worse...So i was advised to stop.

right now its getting annoying,Its ruining my sex life and its costing a fortune...
Anyone got any experience of the implant?

Comments

• Options
    SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
    Hi Emmalee

It sounds really stressful to be so unwell and to not be sure of what's happening. Have you considered going back to the doctor to let them know that your period is still going on?

NHS Choices has some information about the advantages and disadvantages of the contraceptive implant here. They do mention that around 50% of women using the implant will experience prolonged bleeding but that this usually calms down after a few months.

If you are experiencing other symptoms, such as severe headaches, it might be worth going back to your GP for more support.

I hope this is helpful.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I need this out.... D:
  • Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hi emmalee,

Will you be able to go to your doctor's and discuss it with them? maybe exploring a few different options will resolve the issue.