Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hate a shit xhristmas rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hate christmas

My mum and parnter bein agruing and slaging me and my brother off earley this morning evey year they do this not fair they recking christmas for us too It just dosnt feel like christmas to me. I lock myself in my room all day. Eberytime everyonr wishes me a happy christmas dosnt mean nothin to me rant over it just made me cry

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Heya Heather :heart:

Christmas time can be difficult for people and it sounds like things are quite difficult for you at the minute. I am sorry to hear that, we are here for you though *hug* so I am glad you have made this thread.

Do you want to chat a bit more about how it's making you feel? Arguments are always difficult to deal with and can sometimes feel worse on Christmas, cos there is so much hype at Christmas and people like to think it's a happy time, but sometimes it's not a happy time, and it can be quite stressful at times, and then people may argue and things. I am sorry that there has been arguments for you today.

Keep us posted :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm sorry to hear about how difficult today has been for you - it's great that you've posted about this.

Do you feel able to tell your mum and her partner about how they're making you feel? I know that may seem like a hard thing to do but it might be that they don't realise, and also it may well be a tough day for themselves for whatever reasons.

Has today been all bad? Did you give or get any gifts that were loved?

Do keep talking to us - we're here for you *hug*
    Hi Heather,

Thanks for being honest about how you're feeling. I hope that the rant has helped you vent some of it.

Let us know if you want to talk any more about it.

Will *hug*
    Tryed dont liston :(

He kick my mum for reson :( and made me cryand she was really in tears
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    *Heather* wrote: »
    Tryed dont liston :(

He kick my mum for reson :( and made me cryand she was really in tears

Oh my Heather, it sounds like things with family are really difficult tonight, I'm sorry talking hasn't really got you anywhere, however, I'm glad you've gave it ago, often focusing on all the negatives that are happening in one day can make us feel lower, and also make us forget about things that have had positive implications in our day.

How about going through your day and naming some positive things? Is there a film you guys watched as a film? Did you get any lovely presents? Go out to see friends and extended family, etc? - I often find chillaxing with a good Christmas movie helps when the family are being quite argumentative around this season, and there's lodes of TV you can watch.

And I know this is the day your meant to spend with your family and all, but don't forget to have some YOU time, look after yourself, go for a relaxing bath, do something you enjoy, etc. Do keep us updated on how things at home are going lovely :)

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHearts
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hey Heather

Just thought I would drop by and see how you are doing today. I hope things feel a bit brighter today. *hug*
    PGreen wrote: »
    Hey Heather

Just thought I would drop by and see how you are doing today. I hope things feel a bit brighter today. *hug*

Nope :(

My mum and her nob of her partner been slagging me off when I spoken to mum when I went to the shops she lied to me about it. I just said to her shows they are tooth faced. I am scared and worried if he might hit me (not point speaking to my mum about it) her and her partner come to me last night about my brother slagging him off and cont wait till he goes back to winsford. Saying that he never helps out, he's up all night on his Xbox e.c.t. expects me to speak to him about it all. We don't get to see him much and he only coming here and using us he says that about my sister. He shout pay his ways for the food and that. Is that being harsh. My mum doesn't like anyone all he does is just slag us all off tell us we need to sort our life out and stop worrying about anyone eles . he needs to sort his own life out he's owns lods of money to people so he cont say that about us. He's saying he doesn't want nothing off us ye he can ask for a cigarette off me that's wanting something off me. He's a pr*ck. Still doesn't realise how much there aguring affects me. I am now thinking off moving out but I cont as my health problams is really bad
    It sounds really tough heather - well done for giving talking to your mum a try and I'm sorry it didn't help the situation at all :(

Do you not have any close friends that you could stay with for a while or how about your sister? Is there anyone else that could or would look after you whilst your health is so bad?

What makes you think your mums partner might hit you?

As Whispers says, it's important to give yourself even a little bit of you time - have you got much planned for today? *hug*