Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I got very drunk last night and i think i embarassed my bf infront of his friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and this guy been dating for almost 2 months but we always party and hangout together. My friends and his get along great and everyone has a great time whenever we hang out. He's really nice and I can see our relationship lasting. Last night I FUCKED UP though. I got drunk and did the most embarrassing, and rude stuff ever. We were having a few drinks in his friends garage. 3 of his friends, and my friend.. Somehow I ended up getting the most drunk and they don't care but it's what I did while I was drunk..I don't remember anything but my friend said I was arguing with my bf over anything and when he took my phone I yelled at him and told him "YOU AINT SHIT" in front of everyone.. I started arguing with one of his friends over unecessary stuff and I even told him to "LEAVE". And I was spitting on the floor a lot forgetting we were in his friends garage .. His friend said "Really you just gonna spit on my sandal where my fat toe goes" It was all bad I was just starting shit with everyone for no reason. If I get drunk I'm usually always the one that just wants to have fun, I laugh at everything, take a lot of pictures, I can even get annoying and loud but its funny. This was crazy I was being rude in front of his friends and my bf. I'm surprised he didn't dump me because I would have ! Actually the next day he was as sweet as ever and when I asked what I did all he said is I got a little aggressive with him . He's trying to sugar coat me and not make me feel bad. I FEEL SO DUMB AND Embarrassed. I'm actually TOO nice and knowing I did all that and more has me feeling some way. What can I do ? I don't feel right.

Comments

• Options
    If I get drunk I'm usually always the one that just wants to have fun, I laugh at everything, take a lot of pictures, I can even get annoying and loud but its funny.

Maybe to you, but in my experience, super drunk people are very annoying if you are not that drunk yourself. I would apologize to your boyfriend and keep your drinking in check in the future. I doubt his patience is endless.
  • Options
    Agree with StubbleS, have you spoke to his friends and apologized to them too?
  • Options
    JemGJemG Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hey SnappleKiwi,

Welcome to TheSite Boards. :)

It's fairly common for people to do things that they regret when they're drunk. It sounds like you're feeling not only embarrassed right now, but perhaps also a bit confused because from what you've said, you don't normally behave like that when you get drunk? Is that perhaps why you don't feel right?

It sounds to me that you're feeling concerned about things because you care what your boyfriend thinks and want to make this relationship work. If your boyfriend is trying to avoid making you feel bad, then perhaps that's a sign that he also cares about you and recognises that your behaviour was out of character? Have you had a chance to talk to him and express how you're feeling right now? Like JavaKrpyt said, have you had a chance to apologise to his friends for any offence you may have caused? It sounds like you want to take responsibility for what happened and if you have regrets, then saying sorry is one thing you can do.

It's a great community here on TheSite, so if you're not feeling right and feel like you'd like some further support, then do keep posting.
  • Options
    Yess exactly. I'm the nicest person ever I'm usually the one who stops people from fighting and arguing so I am still surprised that I acted that way when no one did anything to me. But I can't take it back and will for sure learn from this. We haven't talked about it since then because he thinks I don't remember but my friend told me everything I did. I don't want to bring the subject up to him unless it gets brought up. And if I see his friends next time I will definitely say sorry for acting that way , apparently the devil got in me because I'm really not like that .
  • Options
    If I see them I will apologize. They aren't the type to be like "fuck her", they all get drunk and do shit all the time they don't care it's just the way I was acting towards them was not cool at all and I guess that's why I feel really bad because since I know I'm not that type of person I'm stressing over it .. if I was like that then I don't think id care .
  • Options
    Apologise, chalk up to experience, probably do it a couple more times before you get the measure of how much to drink.