Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Breathing.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past few nights my breathing has been quite off and on - I keep finding it really hard to breathe and will literally sit with the fan blowing right on me so that there's some sort of air to try and breath in, but it barely works. I know I'm obviously breathing or I'd be dead but it's a horrific feeling and I don't like it. I don't know how to normalise my breathing. I tend to only remember to put my feet on the ground when I'm in that moment but it's so bad recently, I really feel like I can't at all breath and taking deep breaths makes me worse because it's then more evident that I'm not getting air. I panic often - I find it hard to breathe when I'm trapped in a small space but I barely ever have it this bad for this long. There are times when I start to feel light headed in that moment which I'm putting down to the trying hard to breathe and the panic but I don't know. Later on I will suddenly realise that I'm breathing properly again but I never realise when that happens and I've told myself each time to look out for it the next time but I never remember because I just get frantic. I don't know what to do, this has happened two nights in a row now for gosh knows how many times and I feel like it won't stop any time soon.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You've mentioned feeling panicked, do you reckon it could be down to feeling anxious?

Breathing exercises may help you to get your breathing back to normal. There's loads on the net so haven't linked to any in particular but try 'breathing exercises anxiety'.