Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Child protection issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can't say a lot but if you know a child has been a victim of violence and is still at risk, asides from informing child services what can you do?

Can someone with parental responsibility take the child out of that situation? Can they call the police and get any help from them?

Really need some advice ASAP!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Problem is the only evidence is a 3rd hand conversation with his mother who could change what she says at any given moment, and it's not severe but it's worrying!
    The other parent is aware and is taking action now.
    You can also call the NSPCC if you want to stay anonymous
    Called the NSPCC and didn't get any definite answers. :/

What would be the legal definition of immediate harm in this context, whowhere? Because the other parent is worried sick and there doesn't seem to be much he can do!
    Social services got called, so next week might have fireworks now but at least I know everything that could be done has been...massive sigh of relief!!!
    Child protection issues

It's really difficult because I can't give many details but I know that the violent partner is around again, has supposedly "grabbed" - the mother's word so take what you will of that) a 2 year old, screamed at him, broken toys he had just given him in front of him and I know he's been witness to violence, and I think the mother maybe neglecting him somewhat too. The father is really struggling to work out what he can do legally...because unless the violent partner is there he's not necessarily much risk but no body knows when he will or won't be there.

What might the police do if the father told them that??
    the best thing the father can do is take the mother court even if there is no evidence the court will still take everything into account and if the mothers partner has got a criminal record which backs up what has happend or even if he has been abusiave in the past they could give the father full custody it's good that your doing everything you can that's in the child's best intrest
    He's been advised it could go either way and until there's concrete evidence he'd be wasting his money. Last weekend his son apparently ran into a radiator and ended up with a big bruise on his face before he went to pick him up. He took him to hospital that evening because the mother decided he didn't need to be checked over even though there was a visible dent in his head. He's ok now but I'm still worried...it's an expensive process which he can't afford to do if there's not good chances of winning the case.
    I'm sorry to hear that, your friend could keep a record of everything that happens to his son atleast then there is some form of evidence