Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self-harm Questionnaire

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey everyone,

We've had a message from someone at the University of Central Lancashire who is doing some research around self-harm. She's designed a questionnaire to investigate the reasons behind self-harm and the differences between men and women.

Here's what she says:
I am a 3rd year psychology student, studying at University of Central Lancashire.

I am currently doing my dissertation which is examining whether there are gender differences in the reason behind why people self-harm.

I need participants, males and females who self-harm.
This study consists of an online questionnaire that will take about 15-20 minutes to complete.

Note: This study includes sensitive content and questions about self-harm. Please only participate if:
  • You are aged 18 or over
  • English is your first language
  • You are a UK resident

If you wish for further information please contact me at ecanuti@uclan.ac.uk Or kjgardner@uclan.ac.uk

If you wish to continue and participate in my study click the link here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1928543/what-are-the-reasons-people-self-harm

Thank you,

Elisa

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I ponder why English has to be the first language??
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    I'm sure Elisa would be happy to answer any questions you have. You can reach her at: ecanuti@uclan.ac.uk :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    James wrote: »
    I'm sure Elisa would be happy to answer any questions you have. You can reach her at: ecanuti@uclan.ac.uk :)

Effort ;) - You know I don't do anything that requires effort. Someone should totes just ask her for me. UCLAN though, what a great University.
    But of course ;)

Here's what Elisa said:
    We find it helpful for participants to have English as a first language because it means everyone will be able to understand what is being asked of them and to make sure they will be able to reply to each question.

As this is a university dissertation, it will use lots of university students and many school students are international so therefore many do not have a full grasp of the English language, which means we don't always get the most relevant responses.

Hope that helps ;)
    This is still open by the way everyone. They're particularly looking for a few more males to complete the questionnaire to get more of a balance :)