Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dont know how to be happy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey All,

I am new here so go easy on me.

Firstly, every relationship I have had ends up really bad. I end up getting really paranoid and feel completly alone in the relationship and then I constantly look for more reassurance about the relationship.

This relationship I am in at the moment I thought would be different. He was totally in to me and chased me for 3 years. I eventually decided to give him a chance and things were great. a few months into the relationship I started noticing that I wasn't as important as I first felt. He would come in from work and sit on his phone until bedtime - bedtime I used to look forward to it was the one time it was just me & him, but then this stopped. I tried talking to him but he wasn't interested. I tried to explain that what has happended in the past but he still wasnt interested.

Now I have hut rock bottom and have noone that understands I am just wondering is there any way that I can be happy, or am I doomed to this fate for the rest of my life.

I have visited the doctors and been given some medication. I also have been through counselling which has helped but everytime I try and go back I end up convincing myself that I am ok.

I kind of just rammbled I apologise, but it did feel good to get it off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

I am also a newbie to this thing too, but its a good place to get things off your chest.

First of all I don't think you should ever accept that this is your fate, your outlook on things is important and even though its tough it might help if you try to maintain an attitude that this is not the be all and end all of your future relationships.

If the guy that your with isn't listening to you or trying to understand then you need to do what is best for you and that may be to move on from him, or even spend some time out of a relationship. I am no expert on advise but a couple of key things for me in a relationship is communication and understanding of each others thoughts and feelings.
  • Options
    Have you tried talking to him and told him how you feel many relationships start out great but then when you live with the person you get to see there true colours and sometimes the thought of being with someone is a lot better than actually being with the person also do you know what he is doing on his phone that's more important for him than spending time with you