Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

advice and help needed please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im new to this site but im hoping you can help me , i work at whsmith i do weekends 12 pm till 8pm but have to go in at 11 so i can take a hour unpaid break ( im a lone worker in the shop so have to close the shop twice for 30 minutes ) when i go in at 11 there is a work colleage there who works till 12 so i take her off for her break fill up shelves etc till 12 when she leaves as her shift has finished , but i have noticed that from next weekend when i go in at 11 she goes so am i now working 9 hours im very confused help needed please xxx

Comments

• PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hey Sandra and welcome to TheSite

Work hours and rights to breaks can be really confusing, so it's good that you are looking for advice. It can depend on age as as well as other things. Here at TheSite we have a great article on working hours that you might find useful.

It could also be worthwhile to take a look over your contract and find a time to chat to your manager. Hopefully they will be able to update you on your new hours and discuss with you the breaks that you are entitled to. Is this something you think you could do?

Otherwise you could talk to your local Citizens advice about you hours and contract and get some expert help.

Hope this helps! :)