Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Falling Apart...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just had to go through a really hard witness interview for a disgusting crime committed against my best friend when she was a minor, by a man I haven't seen in over 4 years..I'm numb, and still not sure if anyone's listening. I think they are, but it was years ago and I'm scared no-one will believe me again :'(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry to hear about that. I am glad you are trying to get justice for your friend, however.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey FrogsandRainbows,

First of all, really well done on doing the interview in the first place. That sounds like an incredibly tough experience for so many reasons and it takes a lot of courage to go through something like that.

From what you've said, I'm guessing you've been through this (or something like it) before and it didn't end that well? It must have been horrible enough the first time, so it's hard to imagine the kinds of feelings and memories this must be bringing up for you, so it's totally understandable that you felt numb. How are you feeling about it all now?

You said that you think they are listening this time, which sounds like a positive thing. But I can appreciate feeling scared - not being believed is never a nice feeling, particularly when it's about something like this. Do you know what the next step might be, will you be asked to do anything else?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi FrogsandRainbows,

It sounds like you've needed to be incredibly strong and brave for both your best friend and yourself; well done and massive respect for you.

It is totally understandable that previous bad experiences have left you feeling afraid that you won't be listened to again. Try to take comfort in the knowledge that you are doing something admirable for your friend, but remember that you need to look after yourself too. If you have friends or family you can trust, reach out to them for support at this time.

It sounds like you're going through a tough time at the moment and it can be so hard to keep it together, but instead of looking at each day as getting through it without falling apart, think of it as one day closer to justice and a resolution.