Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Support Circle: Tuesday 9th December Sign up here!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

On Tuesday 9th December (8-9.30pm), we'll be joined by the lovely Kat Cormack for another Support Circle for anyone experiencing symptoms of depression and/or anxiety.

These might include:
  • Losing interest in things
  • Eating too much or not enough
  • Isolating yourself
  • Feeling nervous or panicky
  • Mood swings and persistent low mood
  • Feeling that everything is pointless

These chats are a great chance to give and get support in a small group of no more than 10 people. The idea is to work as a team to help people talk through their feelings. If you simply enjoy helping others then we'd love to have you in this chat too :yes:

Some of you will have met Kat before as she's come along to chat a few times and helped run Support Circles before.

A bit more about Kat...

15019856940_709075e750_q.jpg
Kat Cormack is a young person who works with mental health charities such as YoungMinds and BigWhiteWall and also worked for the NHS running the WellHappy app for young people. She now works on Buddyapp - a digital tool to support therapy services.

Kat is very open about her own struggles with mental health problems which started when she was a child. She'll be on hand to answer any of your questions and signpost you to help."

What will it involve?
Helenmelon will be hosting the chat and she'll begin with an introduction and then we'll start going around the room, one by one, giving those who'd like to, a chance to share what's on your mind and get support.

Everyone else has the chance to listen and chip in with bits of support/encouragement/reassurance or whatever feels most helpful.

Each person who has something they want to talk about will get some time to explore it with the rest of room, who will be there to listen and provide support.

How many people will there be?
There will be a maximum of 10 people, plus a mod and Kat. That means you'll have to sign up (see below).

The sign-up form will ask you whether you want to support people and share something, or just support others. Tick whichever box suits you most. We'll do our best to get a good balance in the chat.

Where can I sign up?
Fill out a quick registration form here!There are limited spaces, so we'll let you know whether you get a place :) it's first come first served.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below (or via the sign up form).

:thumb:

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Jo7 wrote: »
    :wave:

On Tuesday 9th December (8-9.30pm), we'll be joined by the lovely Kat Cormack for another Support Circle for anyone experiencing symptoms of depression and/or anxiety.

These might include:
    • Losing interest in things
    • Eating too much or not enough
    • Isolating yourself
    • Feeling nervous or panicky
    • Mood swings and persistent low mood
    • Feeling that everything is pointless

These chats are a great chance to give and get support in a small group of no more than 10 people. The idea is to work as a team to help people talk through their feelings. If you simply enjoy helping others then we'd love to have you in this chat too :yes:

Some of you will have met Kat before as she's come along to chat a few times and helped run Support Circles before.

A bit more about Kat...

15019856940_709075e750_q.jpg

What will it involve?
    Helenmelon will be hosting the chat and she'll begin with an introduction and then we'll start going around the room, one by one, giving those who'd like to, a chance to share what's on your mind and get support.

Everyone else has the chance to listen and chip in with bits of support/encouragement/reassurance or whatever feels most helpful.

Each person who has something they want to talk about will get some time to explore it with the rest of room, who will be there to listen and provide support.

How many people will there be?
    There will be a maximum of 10 people, plus a mod and Kat. That means you'll have to sign up (see below).

The sign-up form will ask you whether you want to support people and share something, or just support others. Tick whichever box suits you most. We'll do our best to get a good balance in the chat.

Where can I sign up?
    Fill out a quick registration form here!There are limited spaces, so we'll let you know whether you get a place :) it's first come first served.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below (or via the sign up form).

:thumb:

I always sign up to these, but don't actually go! I always end up taking up a pointless space. Because I want to come, but like you need the effort, which you kinda loose in the moment you actually have to enter chat :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    meggles wrote: »
    Wanted to attend this but I have filming for this film on tuesday night..

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

There's usually a few of these run throughout the year, there'll be more opportunities to attend similar chats in the future i'm sure :)
    Sorry to hear you can't make it meggles :(

Whispers - we have quite a few places still so please do sign up if you think you might be able to make it :)

This is tomorrow folks - sign up if you'd like to join in!
    Done hope I can make it tommrow if iam well jo ill inbox u if I cont and if I got a place
    *Heather* wrote: »
    Done hope I can make it tommrow if iam well jo ill inbox u if I cont and if I got a place

Okay heather, let me know how you feel tomorrow and if you'd like to come. Thanks for signing up!
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Okay heather, let me know how you feel tomorrow and if you'd like to come. Thanks for signing up!

Does that mean I got a place
    Will normal chat be on?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Yep, usual time with Jo and Emily :)
    I would of Signed up but im having issues with a mod :(
    I signed up, when will we know if we've got a place?
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I signed up, when will we know if we've got a place?

I sent you a PM this morning, did you not get it? :chin:

You have a place as does everyone who has signed up so far :) If any of you haven't had a confirmation PM from me let me know asap as there will be a password to get in to the room that I need to make sure you have! I sent them all out this morning.

Em - do get in touch with myself, Helen or James if you want to chat anything through, there's still space to sign up if you change your mind.
    Still a few places folks so PM me if you'd like to come along or fill out the sign up form :) Helenmelon and Kat are looking forward to chatting to you all.
    :D Jo you've made me very happy!!!!! Finally support circle not on a thurday means I can go yay, looking forward to it!
    Change of plan for tonight - chat still going ahead

Hi Support Circle crew,

Unfortunately Kat's unwell so won't be able to join the circle tonight to offer her expert insight and advice. She sends her apologies and we'll be sure to reschedule a chat with her another time in the new year.

However, we don't want to cancel on you so helenmelon is still going to open the chat and run it as planned on her own so it's a chance to get some support and help each other in a cosy small group with a big focus on peer support.

Still a few places for people who'd like to come along - just PM me for the password.

Have a good session :thumb:
    Support Circle Feedback

Hey :wave:

Thanks to all that signed up and came along to tonight's Support Circle.

We would really appreciate your feedback on the session (that can include the days it runs on rosebud :thumb:)

The form is here and will only take a min' : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PNzAFzSzfJggtOr9dM9MgCzLb_lryfRZfPAGpqtFOU4/viewform

Thanks all,
    Melon
    I'm sorry for last night. My signal totally went and couldn't get back in. Hope you all found it useful :thumb:
    I got it this afternoon! :( I thought it was thursday not tuesday as well!
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I got it this afternoon! :( I thought it was thursday not tuesday as well!

Aww, really sorry you missed it Miss Riot! I'll let you know when we plan another one next year :)