Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being bullied at work and fearing for my job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I have been in my current job since May this year and absolutely love the job. Unfortuately we had a new manager 3 months ago who has been bullying a colleague of mine so much that she is now leaving as she can't cope any more.

Yesterday I was called into the office and accused of gossiping and giving fellow colleagues confidential information, none of which I have done. I was also accused of being in my colleagues 'camp' which I vehemently also denied. Things were such that I feared for my job and I was told that should they hear any more I would be on a disciplinary. I have 2 directors who I get on well with but am even frightened now to go to them in case it should get back to her and I get fired. I just don't know what to do any more.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds like a bad situation, have you considered recording the bullying so you have evidence to provide to the other two directors should your working relationship further sour?
    I am keeping a written record of everything but I just don't know what I can do. I am doing a good job I think and I felt valued until this new manager came along.
    Are the directors senior to her? Could you possible go to her boss with the information on how you feel and how you're scared for your job?
    Yes the directors are senior to her but I am scared to even go to them even though I have a good relationship with them in case they tell the manager that I have been to see them. If this manager found out then a reason would be found to get rid of me and trust meshe would make sure she had evidence to support her claims even if bogus. She would make sure everything was watertight and I had nowhere to go. Thats why I am so scared to go to anyone.
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi fireboxchaser

I'm sorry things are bad with your new manager :( It's good you're doing the right thing by recording everything.

If you want to talk this through with employment experts, you can call Acas on 0300 123 1100 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-1pm Saturday).

Let us know how things are going.