Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lack of sex drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since February 2013, my sex drive has gone. Kaput.

My partner is lucky if he gets it once a month, mentally I'm all for it but my body isn't, sometimes its the other way around.

Its annoying, because I want to yet I can't seem to sort out the sex drive.

I am anemic, but even with my iron levels up it don't make much difference

Someone help please xxxx

Comments

• Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi KellyBear

Sorry you're having problems with your sex drive. It can be really difficult when it feels like things become beyond your control, and a sex drive can be hard to summon if you're just not feeling it. There are lots of ways to move forwards though, and it's good you're asking. There are various things that could contribute to a low sex drive - a couple of questions might start to narrow it down (obviously only answer what you're comfortable with).

It sounds like things were better before February 2013, can you think of anything that changed around that time (life stresses, relationships, medication, changing jobs/study, moving house ...)?

I also wondered whether your concern lands more on you wanting to be able to enjoy sex more, or wanting to do it for your partner's sake, or for your relationship?

There's a good (if quite medical) article on NetDoctor here about low sex drive that might be worth a read.

And it's something that you could ask your GP about, or have a free and confidential chat with an Ask Brook advisor (call 0808 802 1234 or text 07717 989 023, open Monday - Friday, 9am - 3pm for texts and web chat, and 11am to 3pm for calls).

I hope that helps :)
  • Options
    thank you danny.

my mum came out of prison, im not sure why it stopped when she came back. however, i dont have contact with her now but im still the same.
    and no its for pleasure - its a basic human need on heirachy of needs.

i shall read when ive sorted dinner :)
  • Options
    Hello KellyBear,

I am sad to hear about your problem... I am sending you a virtual hug! :)

I think Danny has raised very important questions for you to think about.
    But it could be also useful to think about your relationship with the partner. Is everything ok there? :) Do you feel happy? Do you feel like you belong with him?

Additionally, the article Danny has given to you about low sex drive should have provided you with some insight into the matter. It seems it is quite usual in women to have a low sex drive and there are a lot of things that can affect it.
    By the way, just like mentioned in the article, visiting GP or going to a woman doctor is a good option too. Or even visiting a psychologist? (I know it might sound scary to turn to professionals but its definitely very useful). You can get more help and find out more things there!

And well, since some time has passed already since you have posted here, I hope you are feeling at least a bit better about this whole situation now, and I also hope you have taken some action (or you are planning on it). :)

We are always here for you! ;)