Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Raising money :) for childline

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Iam rising money for childline for everything they done for me when I was youger they supported me threw a really hard time I was having and I went thew so I want to do something in return :)

I phoned them to ask them about it quickly once I done it. I ask me y why I wanted to know and told them about it and it put a big big big smile on there faces. And said heather ur very brave to do a big thing parsute jump ecksssss.

Iam doing it after the new year.

I just need some ideas what to do

* I thought doing a cake, tea, coffee to start from

I need something eles little I could do as I want to rise quite a bit for them

Then iam going to the big parsute jump

I started putting money in a money box wich it got selatpe around it and money in my bank to start it off.

I spoken to someone from nspcc to help me with things too they doing the posters and doing leflets for me thats a good sign just waiting fot them to get back to me now.

This means a lot to me and to childline to rise a bit for them and a day I never forget.

Any ideas

Iam scared of highs too so :) looking forwards to it
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's lovely. Sponsored silences are always good :)

Thanks

Ill write them all down and ill see what there is and decide
    are you interested in things like running, cycling or swimming?
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hey Heather,

This is a really lovely idea :yes:, I did a parachute jump and loved every second of it - it was the best feeling ever!

Lot's of super ideas so far, so I thought I would add a festive element... you could make and sell Mince pies to family/friends/work colleagues. Go carol singing with a group of people and donate any money you collect to Childline.

Also you could do a car boot sale and sell off any things you no longer want/need (ask your neighbours, friends etc if they have any stuff to get rid off) and any money you make can go in the fundraising pot (some of my friends have done this but used ebay to sell them online rather than doing an actual car boot sale).
    Raffle is a good one too. If you can sort out a prize that anyone would mutually enjoy then you could sell tickets and announce winner whenever.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian

Sponsored Silence for a week, 24/7 - You raise so much!!! Well - I did :p