Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,
im just after some advice. i am currently on the housing list, i have 121 points, i got a letter telling me i came 3rd on a property that i bid on, the next week i find out the property was given to someone who had 113 points, so i phoned the council to ask why this was, they just said the other applicant had more children than me so they get priority. now, if we both had the same number of points then that is fair enough, but for there to be a margin of 8 points i see this as unfair, so basically anyone who has more children than me can automatic jump way above me even if they have lower amount of points? i thought the whole bidding system was based around who has the most points for that property. anyone experienced this before?

Comments

• Options
    You need to speak to the council about this. The bidding system is different for all. My council (or rather, the county council) put you in bands, most of which make no sense.
  • Options
    thankyou for your reply. I did phone them yesterday but felt like i was being fobbed off, i have sent a email to the complaints department today, i just cant make any sense of this at all.
  • Options
    They system can certainly be complicated and frustrating. I'm really sorry to hear that you missed out on another property :(

Have you looked to see if there are any local Housing advice organisations in your area - it would be worth checking, you can do that using our Local Advice Finder and just entering your postcode and Housing from the drop down menu: http://www.thesite.org/community/localadvicefinder

Your local CAB may also be able to shed some light on things.

If you need some emotional support with all this then of course do continue to post here whenever you need to :) You can also call Supportline for confidential support over the phone.

Let us know how you get on :)