Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Want to be back in my home town :( Need some advice.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I have nothing left where I am at the moment. Thought that Swansea was the place to be for myself, but I know its not. I had endless falling outs with people, trouble with housing, trouble with jobs, trouble with landlords and as a result it has triggered my depression and anxiety to the worst its ever possibly been.

I'd just been given a flat from the council and my plan was to stay there, decorate and do up the flat, have some good 1 on 1 therapy then get back to work asap and then apply for my Masters in Art Therapy. My parents have told me that they don't think the city is a good place for me because of all the trouble I've had.

I've just cut off my relationship with my 'boyfriend' because his job is too demanding (army) and he was not supporting me enough, whereas I reassured him with all his issues. All his baggage from his past was also impacting on my well-being. I am friends with his best mate but I'm scared it will just be awkward now and there's not enough here for me to want to stay.

So basically I want to move back to my home town (outskirts of London) to be near my family and to get proper support for my conditions. In Swansea the doctors haven't done anything! I can't move back in with my family because the place is overcrowded and will make my depression worse so its definitely not an option.

My advice I am asking is if flat transfers are possible and how I would go about explaining that I am really unhappy, homesick and feel like my health is getting worse by the day, but can't move back with my folks due to circumstances, would that prove much? I have a much bigger chance of persuing an Art Therapy career if I live around London too. I want to do something good with my life, but I am finding it so difficult, because of the state I have been in these past few months.

By the way, I know this post is about housing, but its health related and I posted it here, as more people are likely to see this.

Some advice would be fantastic :)

R xx

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there rosieawrz,
    I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time at the moment.
    In terms of the practicalities of a flat transfer, I've seen this page on the Swansea council's website - http://www.swansea.gov.uk/mutualexchange
    I think they're saying that you have to join Homeswapper and this is for council or housing association tenants.
    If you are a council tenant you can also complete a form and it's up to the council whether they would grant the transfer. See this page for more information - http://www.swansea.gov.uk/article/5349/Council-tenant-transfers-and-swaps
    Can you speak to your housing officer for more details? If you can gather written evidence about your circumstances then it may help - for example from your GP or family.

On a well-being level, I know you're looking to move back to your home town but in the meantime you're still in Swansea where things haven't gone to plan, is there anyone you can talk to about this some more? Friends/family? Course mates?