Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling a bit numb...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:(I'm not really sure which category this goes in. My friend rang me today to say he's in hospital due to slipping and breaking his leg. I've only known him a little over 2 years, and I feel as if he's my only friend. He's the only one that listens to how I'm feeling, and keeps secrets I'd like to keep.

So now he's in hospital, and won't be out until next week, what do I do? I am so reliant on the support he gives me. I feel sad, concerned and, in a way, lonely. Who can I talk to now? he knows everything about me, he knows me better than I do.

I guess this post was to just to let this little problem on my mind out, as he is not here to talk to - I have no communication with him outside the hospital, so the whole thing kinda sucks. :(

Comments

• Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Lottie

I'm sorry that your friend's in hospital. It's really good that you've got such a close friendship with him and that you can share a lot and trust him.

But is does sound like you might be too reliant on just one person, and that him being out of action at the moment might be making this clearer. It's always difficult if we really on one person for too much - it can put a lot of pressure on a relationship, and leave us without support and friendship if they're not available for any reason. So I wonder whether this is a good point for you to work on developing other relationships too?

Do you have friends or family members that you've fallen out of touch with, or have a more distant relationship with, that you could work on getting closer with? Or might this be a good time to look at making new friends?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't get the problem? Is he a vital organ of yours that is out of commission for the next two weeks? Either text him or just wait two weeks until he's out. I am sure you've waited 2 weeks for something before, it's not a big deal.