Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Freaking Out...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i was 18 years old, i went into supported lodgings but couldnt cope, my partner often had to stay because i panic and freak out when im alone. Once he had to do something near where i was and popped in to see me, i had been in bed at 6pm when it got dark and hadnt eaten because i was scared to move out my bed, and when my partner came i just cried... i ended up at his that night because he didnt like me alone and scared.

two years later, we just moved in our own place, but he works in the evenings meaning im alone in a big masonette, ground floor and i hate it! during the day i am fine but as soon as it gets dark i start freaking out and will stay in my bed until he is home.

people think it could be anxiety, but i dont know...
is it me being stupid?

any help and advice is apprepicated because i cant continue like this.
xx

Comments

• Options
    KellyBear wrote: »
    When i was 18 years old, i went into supported lodgings but couldnt cope, my partner often had to stay because i panic and freak out when im alone. Once he had to do something near where i was and popped in to see me, i had been in bed at 6pm when it got dark and hadnt eaten because i was scared to move out my bed, and when my partner came i just cried... i ended up at his that night because he didnt like me alone and scared.

two years later, we just moved in our own place, but he works in the evenings meaning im alone in a big masonette, ground floor and i hate it! during the day i am fine but as soon as it gets dark i start freaking out and will stay in my bed until he is home.

people think it could be anxiety, but i dont know...
    is it me being stupid?

any help and advice is apprepicated because i cant continue like this.
    xx

Hey

No you are not being stupid at all.It is understandable that you feel this way especially if you experienced something similar to this a couple of years ago.Does your partner or anyone know about this?xx
  • Options
    Evenin, and yeah my partner does x
  • Options
    KellyBear wrote: »
    Evenin, and yeah my partner does x

What has he said about it?x
  • Options
    Hello KellyBear :wave:

I wondered if you have gone to see your GP about this? If so, could it be something you might want to think about? It could be an anxiety or panic attack, do you know what happens to bring them on? Do they occur quite frequently?

It might be worth keeping a note of how you feel, what changes happen before you start freaking out? Maybe keep track of what you are thinking about/doing and how often they happen for you to share with your doctor? They can then help decide what might be causing this, and what you can do to help manage these.

There's also an article here at TheSite that you could have a read through - it talks about anxiety and what this is - which you might find useful.

Let us know how you get on *hug*