Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why did these girls hurt me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone whose opinion matters who, for no reason, never liked you or stopped liking you. Consequently, she snubs you or otherwise hurt you. Ever had that?

Several years ago, Jaclyn from college snubbed me from the day we met. Everyone else talked to me but no matter how much I begged and paid Jaclyn to do so as well, she wouldn't. Because of her, I ended up angry and lost friends and school.

Same situation at McD's. Everyone talked to me but Liz. I reacted the same and everyone else turned against me in the end. And I lost that job. I lasted one year each in both places.

At my current job, I been here 3 years. The first 15 months, everyone talked to me period. Now everybody talks to me EXCEPT 2 ppl, Jane and Alicia. Jane used to talk to me for a year before stopping. She added me on Facebook back when she liked me and deleted me when she stopped, all for no reason. Alicia snubbed me from the get go. Nobody ever protected me from Jaclyn and Liz. Will my supervisor at least help me deal with Alicia and Jane?

For those who read my last thread, THAT was why I needed my superiors to talk to me. I know she likes me, but idk that she would help me when Alicia and Jane hurts me.

Comments

• Options
    You once paid someone to talk to you?? Is that a joke??

Nobody in the world has absolutely every single person like them and that's okay... you night need some professional help with this...
  • Options
    You once paid someone to talk to you?? Is that a joke??

Nobody in the world has absolutely every single person like them and that's okay... you night need some professional help with this...

Yeah I paid both Jaclyn and Liz. I don't intend on doing it with Alicia or Jane. I don't even beg them or act like I care, but they still haven't come around. I just wish someone could relate to Alicia and Jane putting me through hell. And be there for me. Nobody was there for me when Liz and Jaclyn hurt me.

On some days, when my supervisor talk to other ppl more than me, I question whether she'll help me deal with this. My parents and counselor think I'm crazy for even caring about this. I don't need everyone to like me, just everyone whose opinion matters. For that, I'm forever searching for someone to care that I had 4 ppl hurt me since '08. I really hope my search could end with my supervisor. She's prolly the only one who even remotely likely to listen to me.
  • Options
    It does sounds like you might have an understandable reason to behave the way you do and I'm sorry you feel you've been through such hell and nobody was there for you *hug*

Have you explained all of this properly to your counsellor? There's always an underlying reason for something and your counsellor should help you figure that out etc. rather than think you're crazy.
  • Options
    Thank you. I will explain to my counselor. And ask my supervisor to help me. She likes me but doesn't yet understand. You guys on this forum helped a lot.
  • Options
    Talking to your supervisor sounds like a good idea if you feel you're being bullied in the work place but if you're just going to say "these people won't talk to me" then that will get you nowhere - will probably just leave you feeling pissed off at the lack of help with that because not everyone in life has to talk to everyone they meet.
  • Options
    No, I never had that, because I don't care about the opinion of people who dislike me before even getting to know me. You should maybe try to emulate that. If someone doesn't like you from the get go, it is often that they heard bad rumors about you, which could be very well be made up, or they are instantly jealous of something about you. Not everyone needs to like me. If people have made up their mind about me before even getting to know me then so be it. They are of no concern to me.

You had good things going for you. You had friends, but you had to focus so much on this one person who does not like you that everyone else became disinterested. Think about this for a moment, because then you realize that you ruin your own happiness and not those people who seemingly do not like you.

Also, when someone stops liking you (and I don't mean that they fade out of contact, I mean they are friends and then the actively avoid you) it is 99% of the times BECAUSE OF SOME REASON. You think there is no reason, but I think you are not looking hard enough. This is just some wild assumption on my side, but I can imagine people who desperately need to be liked by everyone can be very annoying by overdoing their niceness. Maybe you should find a person who knows you well and has no qualms being honest to your face. You could learn a thing or two about yourself.
  • Options
    Well when someone whose opinion matters talks to me, I don't act this needy bc I have peace of mind that he or she is accepting me. Therefore, I doubt that was the reason jane stopped talking to me. Idk but it's really getting to me.