Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changes to chat times

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey everybody :wave:

We're making a couple of changes to the times of Support chat and General chat on Sundays and Mondays.

As of this Sunday (16/11/14), here's what the chat calender will look like:

Sunday
Support chat: 8 - 9:30pm
General chat: 8:30 - 10pm

Monday

Tuesday
Support chat: 8 - 10pm

Wednesday

Thursday

Having Support Chat and General Chat overlap like this has been working really well on Wednesdays, so we're making it the new normal. Hopefully, these changes will also make it easier to remember when chats happen - chat now runs from 8pm to 10pm every evening from Sunday to Thursday! (It also means an extra hour of GC a week!)

When two chats are happening at the same time, you'll be able to move freely between the two rooms by clicking on this icon on the top right of chat:
15407280810_a5dcd2f0cc_o.jpg

Eventually, the plan is to run General Chat on all 5 days - just bear with us ;)

---

P.s. Just in case you're like me and like to visualise things, this is what's happening on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday:

8:00_____8:30_____9:00____9:30_____10:00
[bgcolor="red"]--- Support Chat: 8-9:30pm ---[/bgcolor]________
________
[bgcolor="blue"]--- General Chat: 8:30-10pm ---[/bgcolor]

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :( means I miss near enough all chats now! Used to love early Monday chat
  • Options
    rosebud wrote: »
    :( means I miss near enough all chats now! Used to love early Monday chat

Early Monday chats were the best chats
  • Options
    James wrote: »
    As of this Sunday (16/11/14), here's what the chat calender will look like:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Eventually, the plan is to run General Chat on all 5 days - just bear with us ;)

Eeeeeep :hyper: I absolutely LOVE when support and general are mixed like this!
  • Options
    casscubcasscub Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    To be honest i don't actually like the idea of having them over lap because now actually does limit how much support i can get because on a wednesday i miss support nearly as i am at karate till 9pm but then on a Monday and Sunday from my point of view its not that helpful especially if you can't make the start and then arrive an hour in it really does reduce the amount of support :(

Casscb
    "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" 
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    casscub wrote: »
    To be honest i don't actually like the idea of having them over lap because now actually does limit how much support i can get because on a wednesday i miss support nearly as i am at karate till 9pm but then on a Monday and Sunday from my point of view its not that helpful especially if you can't make the start and then arrive an hour in it really does reduce the amount of support :(

Casscb

The boards are still here for people.. also just to add to this, sometimes two hours of support chat can become quite full on and I think an hour and a half will be better, and can end sc with gc to wind down before sleep.

Its a good idea. Sorry you dont agree casscub.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I second Claire. I also want to point out Casscub that everyone is different so while you (and many others) seem to prefer two hours of support chat, it's worth remembering that many others actually prefer general chat. The moderators are trying to help us all - we all have a choice. You never know how you'll feel on another day Cass, you might prefer the idea of a distraction and you might feel grateful that you have the option of General chat.

It's also worth remembering that the mods don't actually have to give up their free time to offer us so many hours of chat, they do that out of choice and kindness so we should all be grateful for that :yes:
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I second Claire. I also want to point out Casscub that everyone is different so while you (and many others) seem to prefer two hours of support chat, it's worth remembering that many others actually prefer general chat. The moderators are trying to help us all - we all have a choice. You never know how you'll feel on another day Cass, you might prefer the idea of a distraction and you might feel grateful that you have the option of General chat.

It's also worth remembering that the mods don't actually have to give up their free time to offer us so many hours of chat, they do that out of choice and kindness so we should all be grateful for that :yes:
    This.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options

Very well put and I agree I prefer general chat! :D just gutted I miss them now :( hopefully a Tuesday general chat appears soon.... :D so many exciting changes yay
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Early Monday chats were the best chats
    Indeed hiccup Monday general chat was only one I'd appear in lol cause only time at home gonna miss em!
  • Options
    I thought we were all allowed our opinion? All i did was voice my opinion :(
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options

You are allowed your opinion, but they're allowed their opinions too
  • Options

Of course you're allowed your own opinion. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was having ago, I really wasn't.
  • Options
    It wasn't you don't worry and it wasn't anyone else on here so don't worry. I just remember rosebud only ever being able to come to the early on on a monday which was one reason why i didn't think it was a good idea because it means that then she may not be able to come to them even when she does really need them
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    Monday General Chat

I have an important question, is Monday general still going to be by Wayne and will it still be The Gobaith Cariad a Gwenu chat, because it's special like that and has been that since it was a thing..
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey everyone,

Thanks to all of you who have replied, it's always good to hear your thoughts on these things :yes:

Some of you seem to like the changes, others are not so sure.
    I do understand the worries some of you have mentioned above, and we realise these changes will work better for some than others.
    Rosebud: gutted that it'll be harder for you to make chat! We're working hard on getting a Tuesday GC up and running, so hopefully that will help. :)

Hiccup and HannahMarie: Wayne is sticking around, yep :) That probably means the Gobaith Cariad a Gwenu chat is too, though that's up to him! However, it's looking like it will soon be every two weeks instead of every week.

Casscub: I'm sorry it feels like there'll be less room for support. One of the main ideas behind these changes is to make support chat more support focused. By having GC overlapping, the hope is that people who are looking for a distraction or just to have a catch-up can head into GC. This should mean that support chat is a little calmer and has more space for anyone looking for (and giving out) support. So, while it may be a bit shorter, hopefully it will be high quality :)

I'm glad some of you are excited by the new times! We are too!
    It's all part of our super-awesome plan to make chat bigger and better. Watch this space for future announcements ;)