Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My mum and dad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello
I'm gina and I'm new to this. I'm 19 and have cerebral Palsey.
I live with my mum and work for my dad. Yesterday I had to get a cab to work as my dad wasn't in. I asked the staff if there was any money in the till and long story short they paid for it.
Anyway this morning my mum made out a statement about how I shouldn't be at work when my dad isn't there. But my dad wants me there and to put it frank it's none of her business regarding work if I'm told to go in when dads not there, then I have to which I made quite clear to her.
Anyway shortly after my mum came quite aggressive and I well I nearly fell on to the floor. Luckily I was holding to the kitchen top. I have been upstairs today cause I'm too scared and frankly ashamed of my mums behaviour. This is not the first time she has been like this. I texted my dad about everything but he has made it clear he's not interested. Mum and dad are currently getting a divorce and don't get on. Mum in the past has tried get my other house which I lived with dad and tried 2 make us homeless. I haven't been told by my dad but I think mum after the business which explains her attitude. My mum is horrible,evil, nasty and controlling who should be homeless herself after everything.
What should I do? I feel like a prisoner.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why don't you live with your dad anymore? Can you go live with your dad? If yes, problem solved.
    No he has new partner who is jealous of me and making life extremely difficult
    What is she jealous about? It's not like you are competing for your father. Isn't your dad on your side when you tell him that your mother is making your life very difficult? I mean divorcing parents are often all about winning the favor of the child.

What about moving out into a flatshare or into your own place?
    My dads partner just doesn't like it when I'm with my father. No he sent me a text which made everything quite clear.
    I haven't got any money to get my own place.
    GinaPatel wrote: »
    My dads partner just doesn't like it when I'm with my father. No he sent me a text which made everything quite clear.
    I haven't got any money to get my own place.

Just going by logic and looking through your options I would say you want to get out of home (since changing your mother seems futile). I don't know if you are eligible for any support money for the cerebral palsy but the only obvious choice seems to be to work more or find a different job to earn the money you need to move out. I can't seem to find any other solution atm.
    I know and thanks. Finding a job that is suitable for me in terms of my disability not getting in the way is difficult a enough.
    In terms of this, you could speak to your local council as they should have a list of jobs sutied to people with any kind of a disability, such as yourself??xx
    It's too much headache as have to deal with social services.
    Could social services help you with it then?x
    That the problem. They aren't very good
    Sorry to hear that.How arent they good?xx
    They don't listen or help.
    How?Hope your okay x
    GinaPatel wrote: »
    Hello
    I'm gina and I'm new to this. I'm 19 and have cerebral Palsey.
    I live with my mum and work for my dad. Yesterday I had to get a cab to work as my dad wasn't in. I asked the staff if there was any money in the till and long story short they paid for it.
    Anyway this morning my mum made out a statement about how I shouldn't be at work when my dad isn't there. But my dad wants me there and to put it frank it's none of her business regarding work if I'm told to go in when dads not there, then I have to which I made quite clear to her.
    Anyway shortly after my mum came quite aggressive and I well I nearly fell on to the floor. Luckily I was holding to the kitchen top. I have been upstairs today cause I'm too scared and frankly ashamed of my mums behaviour. This is not the first time she has been like this. I texted my dad about everything but he has made it clear he's not interested. Mum and dad are currently getting a divorce and don't get on. Mum in the past has tried get my other house which I lived with dad and tried 2 make us homeless. I haven't been told by my dad but I think mum after the business which explains her attitude. My mum is horrible,evil, nasty and controlling who should be homeless herself after everything.
    What should I do? I feel like a prisoner.

Hey Gina,

It sounds like you're feeling trapped. Life at home with your mum is hard and your parents' divorce is causing a lot of tension too.

Well done for reaching out here and welcome to TheSite too, you'll find lots of people keen to help and support you and also just to listen if that's what you need - do let us know :)

I wonder if you have any close friends or other family members that you can confide in and spend time with so that you get a break from time to time?

You may also be interested to talk to an expert relationship adviser about the problems with your mum, you can do that in confidence using our Ask a Relationships Questions service: http://www.thesite.org/ask-a-question/ask-about-relationships

If you feel unsafe at home then you can also call Womens Aid for both emotional and practical advice and support: http://www.womensaid.org.uk/

Involving social services can feel like a difficult and tiring process but it may be something to think about if things don't improve..

Let us know how you're getting on *hug*