Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I keep failing science :'(

casscubcasscub Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anyone got any tips on how to not fail on any of the GCSE Science both core, additional and separate science?

Casscub
"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose" 
Lyndon B.Johnson 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Revise, pay attention in class, do your homework.. Ask for help.
  • Options
    As much as i revise though it does not help. Not even the notes i take down help me and it is usually 4 pages of notes a lesson plus 2 pages of work as well. :(
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    When it comes to notes, highlight the important information, make it stand out. Half of the things on the notes you probably won't need, so select the things that are relevant and highlight them. Could you ask your teacher for a copy of the lesson? For example, if it's based around a PowerPoint, ask if you can get a printed version?
    Again, if you're struggling, ask for help.
  • Options
    What are you doing not so well on? Is it coursework, multiple choice exams or longer answers? Also which do you find hardest out of chem, bio and physics?
  • Options
    What are you doing not so well on? Is it coursework, multiple choice exams or longer answers? Also which do you find hardest out of chem, bio and physics?

I failed both biology and physics. And struggle with any science stuff at the moment. I got 11/48 which is an E somehow :/
    I just cant get the answers down on paper because i struggle so much with exams :'(
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    Can you do extra curricular classes? I loved science in school, but we had the option for extra classes after school if we wanted them, was basically just a study group with a teacher present. Could set one up with your friends if there isn't a teacher-led one.
  • Options
    Also the good thing about GCSEs is you have a syllabus. See if you can get hold of yours and work through all of the points, using class notes, revision guides, textbooks. Consider making flash cards or posters with diagrams. Do practice papers and mark them yourself to see what areas and what sort of questions you are dropping marks on.
  • Options
    I have tried extra classes after school and at lunch i have also tried using the sylbus but even then i cant get above 11/48 which is an E :(
    Lyndon B.Johnson 
  • Options
    Okay but have you actually asked for help?? Your teacher will be able to tell you what exact parts you need to focus on and give you guidance when it comes to studying them.
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi. I'd also suggest doing lots of practice exams, under proper silence and time constraints, as from your replies it sounds like it could be the exam aspect you're finding especially tricky.