Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fireworks night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Anyone going to any firework displays tonight?

My friend sent me a cute picture of her dog hiding from the bangs last night bless him..

My favorite fireworks are the ones that shoot up silently and then explode!

Oooo... ahhhh... lots of that as well.. I'm hoping to see some at the weekend :d

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to the bonfire and fireworks on Saturday just gone.

There were some new ones there too that were like a yellow-gold colour and they shot up then just swirled numerous times then fizzled out, they were gorgeous.
    I'm not going out to watch any, but my friend is going to see a big display and he's gonna FaceTime me so I can watch too!

I'm staying home to look after my dog because she gets really scared of the fireworks
    Why go outside to watch when you can watch from your window;) hahah!XD I will probably sit in my room with the curtains and blinds open to see them for a bit :P :yippe:
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Just been for a run and seen some! Regret not being at a display, maybe next year!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm conflicted over Guy Fawkes night.

As a kid it was one of my favourite nights of the year. Because my family had a big house and a bit of land we always but on a bit a of a party. Always been a bit of a pyromaniac so have always loved fireworks and the bonfires.
    None of that's changed but I hate to see what it does to pets and animals. When my neighbours use the whole month of November to randomly set off fireworks it makes me fucking mad.

Not doing anything till Saturday when the kids are being taken to the local Firework show by their auntie. Pains Firework factory is in our village so they always put on an impressive free display. The missus and I are taking the opportunity to get pissed up.
    :yippe:
    Weekender Offender 
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Love a good bonfire! Also waiting until the weekend to take my niece and nephew to a local display.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    love the 5th of november! :D saw the bonfire and fireworks last night from the pub ... and hopefully going to see me dad on friday so can watch the fire works where he lives ;)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I was at work last night, we found a spot on a hill overlooking the entire city and sat there for 10 minutes watching, glorious.

Sounds awesome :)
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    I'm hoping to go on Saturday - there's one with fireworks set to music and fire eaters. It will either be really great, or quite annoying :)
  • AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Danny! wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go on Saturday - there's one with fireworks set to music and fire eaters. It will either be really great, or quite annoying :)

Yeah I went to one of those. I'm not going to any this year, there doesn't seem to be any near me. But it was this big display in Beauly and it was all set to music - mostly David Bowie - and had a space theme. It was really good.
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Andy wrote: »
    Yeah I went to one of those. I'm not going to any this year, there doesn't seem to be any near me. But it was this big display in Beauly and it was all set to music - mostly David Bowie - and had a space theme. It was really good.

That sounds fun :) I just found out the one I was thinking of is sold out. I might have to go and see the Lord Mayor's show. I don't even understand why the Lord Mayor exists!
    The house had a little display on Wednesday. They had a mini campfire too and all the kids had toasted marshmallows. I don't particularly like fireworks so stayed in my flat but could still see them from my patio
    I took some photos of fireworks before Bonfire night, they were just over the road. Then watched a firework display on the 1st which was just up the road, could see it while I waited for the bus, then went to Sefton Park to see the fireworks - which couldn't really see because of trees!

Here's some pics though, first time! I liked the ones with the trees, had nice contrast. Hope they aren't too compressed.

Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
    Ai didnt go at all I could off I dont like them at all I was in my room windows and curtains closed cbb with them