Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Positivity books / scrap books

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey :wave:

So in general chat this afternoon I was talking a bit about my positivity book, it's full of positive quotes and positive pictures and just generally positive things. I've found that it really helps to boost my mood when I'm feeling rather negative, it's also quite a good distraction for when I want to engage in negative behaviours.

But at the moment I'm feeling quite lost for ideas of things to include in it! I was just thinking maybe the creative side of TheSite could help with some ideas or maybe share some of their own positive book/ scrapbook pages?

These are some of the pages I have so far

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Any ideas or some inspiration would be appreciated!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This looks awesome. I've got my positive book but its a bit personal so won't be putting any pics up. But what I did was just put some really inspirational quotes in there. And on some pages I wrote what made me happy and the people I had in my life.
    Also another idea could be asking someone to write in the book ( if you feel comfortable doing that) and ask them to write something they like about you or a funny thing that happened between you both.... I'm not sure if I'm making sense haha
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    orrr.... might take a while but could write down everyone's name from TS ... cause you know, we're just brilliant and all :P and will make you smile whenever you see it :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    orrr.... might take a while but could write down everyone's name from TS ... cause you know, we're just brilliant and all :P and will make you smile whenever you see it :)
    :thumb: :hyper:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    These are really good Hiccup

I am not that creative but hopefully others will be able to give you some ideas, I just wanted to pop by to say how good the pages you have done look so far. Good work.

:heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    This looks awesome. I've got my positive book but its a bit personal so won't be putting any pics up. But what I did was just put some really inspirational quotes in there. And on some pages I wrote what made me happy and the people I had in my life.
    Also another idea could be asking someone to write in the book ( if you feel comfortable doing that) and ask them to write something they like about you or a funny thing that happened between you both.... I'm not sure if I'm making sense haha

That's a good idea! I quite like the idea of the inspirational quotes and letting friends do things in it. Thanks for the reply :)

Haha that'd take a very long time! But you are all indeed brilliant :P
    These are really good Hiccup

I am not that creative but hopefully others will be able to give you some ideas, I just wanted to pop by to say how good the pages you have done look so far. Good work.

Thank you! It means a lot
    Looking forward to seeing more pages
    So - this has cropped up in chat again tonight - about scrap books and positive books and ideas about what to put in them...so I thought I would wrack your brains!!

Ideas about what to put in a positive book...ideas on a postcard...GO!!! (or just on this thread below hehe!!) :thumb:
    Positive quotes, things that make you happy. I went to York a while back and had such a lovely time so I've got a page for that, I stuck my train tickets on it and a postcard from York on it and messages from the people I went to see.
    Post it note pages, so write something positive on each post it note and then stick it in
    Hiccup - Hiya!

Good ideas - thanks for sharing!! I love the idea of post it note pages!!

Any more anyone? Keep 'em coming :)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Hey :wave:

So in general chat this afternoon I was talking a bit about my positivity book, it's full of positive quotes and positive pictures and just generally positive things. I've found that it really helps to boost my mood when I'm feeling rather negative, it's also quite a good distraction for when I want to engage in negative behaviours.

But at the moment I'm feeling quite lost for ideas of things to include in it! I was just thinking maybe the creative side of TheSite could help with some ideas or maybe share some of their own positive book/ scrapbook pages?

These are some of the pages I have so far

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Any ideas or some inspiration would be appreciated!

Hi :wave:

Was just reading this and wanted to say that's a brilliant idea!

This has inspired me :)