Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Young Single Mom-What do I do now?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, my name is Chelsey. I'm 24 and I have a beautiful 4 year old daughter. I just recently left my boyfriend whom I lived with. it was an abusive relationship and I finally got the courage to leave.
I don't know what to do next. I was never allowed to work due to trust issues and I've had a rough past to where I don't have any of my legal documents like my state ID or birth certificate or social security card. I don't know how I can make this better but I was told that some how there's a way I can get my life back together I just don't know how to search for that answer or where to go.

if someone can please direct me as to what I should do next, I have no money no job and no car or home. I have somewhere for my daughter not to stay for a very short period of time.
I'm willing to do whatever it takes I just am so overwhelmed that I don't even know how to think of my next move. All help is greatly appreciated please and thank you. God bless.

Comments

• Options
    Hey. Sorry I'm not going to be much help but I just wanted to say well done for getting out of that relationship. It takes a lot of courage to do so and you should be proud of yourself. :yes:

Have you thought about going to social services. They may be able to offer some advice on what your options are. Other then suggesting that, I'm not really sure but I am sure there will be other people around here that can help a lot better then I have haha
  • Options
    Hey wallace2010,

From what you have said it sounds like you're contacting us from the USA? This website is based in the UK so our knowledge of US services is limited I'm afraid. As Beckiboo says, it sounds like you and your daughter have been through an awful lot and it takes real courage and strength to get out of an abusive situation. Hold on to that strength as it can help to get you through this next step to getting things back on track.

Reachout.com is a US based site similar to this one and could be a good port of call to find more advice and info. They have message forums and a helpline that you could call to help point you in the right direction for support: http://us.reachout.com/

They have a page of more specific links to services and info that you might also find useful: http://us.reachout.com/get-help/getting-help-in-a-crisis

Good luck and let us know how you get on *hug*