Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tell us what music you're into

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:wave:

So... our multimedia producer Rob (the genius behind PAM) is working on a new project. He's hoping to make some exciting new videos for TheSite but before he gets started he wants to know a bit about what sort of music you guys are into :chin:

He's put together a mini-survey for you and we'll keep you posted on how his project progresses. If you've got 5 minutes to answer the following questions that would be great and hey, it's also a nice way for us to share some recommendations.

Question 1: What are your top 5 favorite bands or artists at the moment?

Question 2: Do you listen to the radio? If so which stations do you tend to listen to?

Question 3: What music TV channels/programmes do you watch?

Question 4: Do you watch music videos online?

Looking forward to hearing from you :yes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think I can name five, I tend to go through phases and/or just like whoever has brought out a song I love. Having said that, I've always undoubtedly loved Jessie J particularly when she sings acoustic :yes:

I have always loved radio one however recently I've been listening to radio two quite a lot.

Music channels are amazing, I tend to flick through them until I come across a song I love but my absolute favourite channel is sky 365 which is chart show. There's also a #IWant music channel but I can't remember what it's called.

I listen to a lot of music through my headphones on laptop and sometimes watch the videos too :) that's also how I discover a lot of new music, or older music that I haven't yet come across.

My favourite song right now is You Ruin Me by The Veronica's. It's beautiful and I absolutely love the end bit where they sing the last chorus together, they sound bliss when the sing together, whatever bliss sounds like :p I really recommend that song.
    Could totes answer this on behalf of my sister too, we're so different when it comes to music taste, etc.
    What are your top 5 favorite bands or artists at the moment?
    - Coldplay (always been my favourite band, the rest are faves at the mo!)
    - Kodaline
    - Imagine Dragons
    - The Fray
    - The Script

Do you listen to the radio? If so which stations do you tend to listen to?
    I occasionally listen to the radio, tends to be Heart as that's the local one here and it seems to have more music then the rest of them, hate it when there's more talking and advertisements than music!

What music TV channels/programmes do you watch?
    I watched xfactor last year but can't really get into it this time. Don't really watch any music channels or other music TV programmes.

Do you watch music videos online?
    Yes, on YouTube. When a song comes out which I'm really into I like finding the music video to go with it.

I've always been interested in music and like to have a lot of variety on my iPod, also started to get into playing music on guitar but that's taken a bit of a back seat recently, may get back into it as I enjoyed learning new songs!

I mostly prefer rock, indie/alternative sometimes punk (but not screamyweamystuff :P) and love acoustic music.
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Jo7 wrote: »

Question 2: Do you listen to the radio? If so which stations do you tend to listen to?

1 - The Overtones, Fall Out Boy, Example, Troye Sivan, Olly Murs
    2 - Yes every day. Key 103 and sometimes Radio 1
    3 - I mainly which all of them if there's good tunes on
    4 - Yes I often watch them on YouTube
    Oooh I like the sound of this!
    So... Top favorite bands or artists
    -Coldplay
    - The Script
    - Some Chase and Status stuff
    - Jessie J (although not that keen on her new stuff)
    Can't think of a fifth haha.

Radio stations; well when I'm in the main house, they force me to listen to Capital which is just crap. But when I'm in chat I put a bit of Heart on :p

I can't get music TV channels on my TV haha

No I don't watch music videos online

Royal Blood, Nine Inch Nails, Kasabian, PJ Harvey, White Stripes/Jack White

Yes, pretty much exclusively 6 music and radio 4

I don't!

Rarely, I don't have the time tbh!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

Greenday, Hollywood Undead, Paramore, 5SOS and my all time favourite MCR :P

i listen to radio 1 at work but im not keen on it

Kerrang during the day, but at night its not good..

i dont unless someone recommends one:)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''