Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Competition: What does your panic attack monster look like?

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
This thread is not approved by the panic attack monster *PAM*
0Iplshxl.jpg

When we were designing PAM, we chose a bloke in a shabby, green monster costume with horns.

But of course, everyone's panic monster is different! As lots of you have shown already, panic attacks can happen pretty much anywhere and have a whole range of effects on our mind and body.

What does your panic monster look like?
Is it big, small, furry, scaly..? Does it have claws, paws, tentacles..? Where does it normally attack you? How does it make you feel?

Post a picture (could be something you've drawn/photoshopped etc.) or a description of your panic monster here and tell us a bit about it for a chance to win your very own PAM poster (final design tbc) :hyper:

The Deadline is 12pm on Friday 31/10/14

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Great thread!

So I'll kick it off. My PAM is massive (bigger then me - not that it would have to be massive for that) and has a really vicious face - Spikey teeth, frowny eyes, the lot! Its black but got red eyes and red claws on its hands and feet.

It attacks my heart because it makes it beat faster then normal and makes my breathing go all funny. And it attacks my legs cause they feel like they've gone jellified (if that's a word)

It is the worst feeling in the world. It honestly feels like you'll never be able to get back to 'normal' again and seems to go on forever! Even once my breathing calms down my legs are still like jelly and I'm still shaky!

Silly PAM. Hopefully it will become extinct soon though.

I'll try to get a picture drawn to share 😊

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Great description Becki! It sounds terrifying and really hard to cope with when it attacks. Have you found any ways to tame it a bit?
  • Options
    Not really no. They're getting worse as days go on! Silly PAM

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    10688189_754118561320089_7230319394758751661_o.jpg
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Me next :D

My picture:

Attachment not found.

So as I wrote in my picture, I don't yet know what my PAM looks like.
    My PAM attacks me mainly when i'm at college and will make my heart beat fast, make me feel dizzy, make my breathing go funny and make me feel all shaky.
    My PAM makes me feel worried, and makes me feel ill.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    10688189_754118561320089_7230319394758751661_o.jpg

Seem to have forgotten the description bit, even though I was without doubt I had posted it, core blimey, I'd loose my head if it wasn't attached to me.

Every 'PAM' is different, however, most if not all are triggered by anxieties, unwanted thoughts, etc. My Panic attacks are often triggered by new situations, stress, confusion, and typical things, for example, having to eat food in front of my flat mates is still a struggle, so I eat in my room, but even though I'm away from a particular stress, PAM has a way of getting in, and making me have an ultimate breakdown, isn't PAM lovely!

PAM holds on to you tightly, and will make it almost impossible to breath to the point you will get a bit dizzy, and even pass out. PAM increases your heart rate, makes you warm, sweaty, yet still feel cold. PAM judges you more than anyone else, and will punish you, by making all the above happen. PAM will make you want to sit in the corner of your room, breathing heavily, while rocking back and forth, proving to you, that nobody cares.

Panic attacks are no fun (Obviously) - But many people often find ways to deal with it, and cope with it in the moment, and often it's to distract yourself, take your focus off your breathing, because the more you're focused on breathing gently, etc, it gets so much worst, do something like spam here instead, but focusing on your breathing while sitting up does help many others! But everyone's PAM is different!!
  • Options
    My pam monster is tall, very tall! Has long arms that have bat like Cape from them so it can block out the light when it attacks! It has a normal human face but with pale skin. It is dressed in black and fairly wide so it can corner you and hide those who are trying to help. The PAM monster is black yet with purple kinda triangly horns coming randomly from its arms and sides. It has horrible breathe used to take my breathe away and has large headphones around its neck which stick to your ears without moving to drown out everything else nd leave you with your thoughts only!

I don't have time to draw a picture, but I may in my free today if I have time! If not there is my description! :)