Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Decent solicitors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So as some of you know, social services want me to move out of my placement by January. I didn't think anything could be done but after speaking to a lady from children's commissioners last night (she's been involved in my life for about 2 days and has given me amazing support) I was told that what they're doing, and the excuses theyre giving are not enough to move me from a placement I've lived in for 4 and a half years. She's suggested I get a solicitor involved but she said it would be hard to find someone to take on my case. So does anyone know of any good soliciting firms that will take on my case?

Sent by Sony Xperia

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well it depends on where you are and if they accept legal aid. I assume you are permitted legal aid
    CAB might be able to advise you.

Are social services helping you to find anywhere to live?
    Yes probably, although in not really sure what legal aid is - I'm a bit stupid.

Yes, they're wanting me to move into an independent flat but they don't understand that's not the best move.

I've been to Williams in the past about stuff like this but they wasn't able to do anything
    Can't help if we don't know where you're located tbh, I don't want to recommend solicitors in Glasgow if you're in London for example, name a big town/city near you if you want
    Hey there BeckiBoo
    Sorry to hear you're being asked to leave your placement in January and I can see why you want to find a good solicitor to advise you.

If you don't feel comfortable giving out information on the boards, like your location, then you can call the Community Legal Advice line on 0345 345 4 345 and they can tell you whether you are entitled to legal aid and also give you details of solicitors in your area who may be able to help. They also have a callback service . You can then have a look at the firm's website and ask around to see if they are a good firm.

Don't worry about not knowing what legal aid is - it's all a bit complicated to be honest. Legal aid is where helps you meet the costs of legal advice from a solicitor and you can read more about it here - https://www.gov.uk/legal-aid.

:)
    Thanks LittleOne. This was so helpful :) I appreciate it very much
    Does the who cares trust still exist? They offered me very good advice and had a list of solicitor firms who were willing to take on social services cases
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Decent solicitor = Oxymoron.
    Weekender Offender