Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shower curtain / glass

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
The flat I'm in has a pane of glass instead of a shower curtain. It only takes up less than half the width of the bathtub, is attached to the wall on one side and can swing inside or out.

(I don't understand why people put these things on showers as, even if they work correctly, they don't protect the outside of the bathtub perfectly (as it's half width) and can break, which a curtain can't. Ineffective and dangerous.)

The issue is that this one doesn't seem to be working at all. Even if I stick to the side that it does cover, the floor outside ends up practically flooded every time I shower. I'm not entirely sure but I think that this is because the rubber at the bottom doesn't actually touch the bathtub's rim and leaves a small gap.

I thought about getting a telescopic rail and an actual curtain to use, but I'm afraid that if the rail slips and falls down it could break the glass.

What else can I do? Is that something to ask the letting agency (which manages the flat) to fix?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Raise it with the letting agency in the first place - if nothing else it will cover you for any soggy floors you might end up with
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is one for the letting agency to look at but, yes, to answer your question, if there's not a good seal all the way around the bottom of the rubber then water will find a way to escape onto the floor.

Screw-in type rails are better than the extendable ones.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mist wrote: »
    Screw-in type rails are better than the extendable ones.
    Sure, but I'd have to pay for the holes and tiles the holes will go through to be fixed before I move out, as well as for the holes to be made in the first place.

In any case I've sent a message to the agency.