Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Did you know...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    James wrote: »
    ^ amazing!

Did you know that days are getting longer?
    Every day is 54 billionths of a second longer than the day before..

450 million years ago, there were around 415 days in a year!

Pretty incredible!
    Listen to the full story here.

Omg that boggled my head! At some point there will just be a continuous year!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The time gap between Stegosaurus and T-Rex is bigger than the time gap between T-Rex and now.

You can't milk yaks - yaks are all male. The female equivalent is called a nak.

Dinosaurs weren't the only creatures bigger than the ones we see today. One of the reasons things could get so big is the high levels of oxygen in the air back then (it was around 70%, compared to the 20% we have now). At the same time there were dragonflies with 3 metre wingspans!

Emperor Ferdinand I of Austria has only one known quote - "I am the emperor, and I want dumplings!"

Istanbul is the only city in the world to lie on two continents.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Did you know.....

A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue

Owls are the only birds that can see the color blue

Dr. Seuss pronounced his name ?soyce?

If you travel across Russia, you will cross seven time zones

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "