Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need your thoughts and friendly advice... Bad friend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dear readers,

I would like some friendly advice if poss please...

Me and my best friend are friends with this guy that says we are like his family. But lately he has been an ass!
He really put my friend down emotionally after she got drunk and had to be put to bed but that's what friends do. And because he was not happy with it he put her down so emotionally she wanted to give up her own life. And also, because he didn't like being the only one who had told her how he felt he decided to tell her some untrue stories that I apparently said about her. And that nearly ruined our friendship. He has apologised for everything but that fact is he lied, he put his friends down for what? She was only wasted on an adults night so I don't see why he would be unhappy. And it's not the only thing he has pissed us both off about. Plenty other things. So She has given up friendship with him and think I should and block him. Or do I try and work things out. I can see that it would be stupid to do that by typing all this but I just wondered what others thought. Much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    lacey88 wrote: »
    Dear readers,

I would like some friendly advice if poss please...

Me and my best friend are friends with this guy that says we are like his family. But lately he has been an ass!
    He really put my friend down emotionally after she got drunk and had to be put to bed but that's what friends do. And because he was not happy with it he put her down so emotionally she wanted to give up her own life. And also, because he didn't like being the only one who had told her how he felt he decided to tell her some untrue stories that I apparently said about her. And that nearly ruined our friendship. He has apologised for everything but that fact is he lied, he put his friends down for what? She was only wasted on an adults night so I don't see why he would be unhappy. And it's not the only thing he has pissed us both off about. Plenty other things. So She has given up friendship with him and think I should and block him. Or do I try and work things out. I can see that it would be stupid to do that by typing all this but I just wondered what others thought. Much appreciated.

I feel I am somewhat late in replying to this but I will give you my two pence worth:

A person that puts someone down to the point they are traumatically disturbed as a result of the conflict is a person not worth knowing in my eyes. Friends should be supportive of one another, friends should rely on one another and most importantly friends should know one another's traits but not use that as emotional leverage to win an argument.

My suggestion to you would be to block, and move on!

I had a friend that once used my disability to induce me into a state of paranoia because I wasn't co-operating with his wishes. Bye bye friend! :)
  • Options
    Hi Lacey88,

It certainly sounds like this guy hasn?t been particularly trustworthy recently and has made life really difficult for you and your friend.

Do you think there may be an underlying reason that could explain the way he acted? You say he?s apologised but that your friend?s decided to move away from the friendship. Only you will know the right thing for you to do but it may help you to think about what you may be losing if you cut all ties with this guy. Also, your trust in this friend may have been affected, meaning that things won?t be the same between you. Giving yourself time to have a think about what you want will hopefully help you come to the right answer for you.

Good luck and I hope things go OK.

Emily
  • Options
    To be honest, I can't really be bothered with him. He's there supporting on emotional levels but other than that I think he's creepy. Do you know what I should say or do? Maybe ignore him? I'm invited to their anniversary party in 2 weeks and I don't want to go but they're expecting me.

Please help ����