Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Building confidence after online bullying

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Or any bullying for that matter...!

Our friends at ChildLine have been in touch to share some new resources they have to help people.

They boil it down to three things (Cute video to watch too) including:

1. Talking about it with someone you feel comfortable with
2. Not letting bad things weigh you down
3. Focussing on good stuff.

I wondered though, do any of you guys already follow their tips/advice and if so, how? I've heard some examples from you in live chats, but would be good to share more here :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    Or any bullying for that matter...!

Our friends at ChildLine have been in touch to share some new resources they have to help people.

They boil it down to three things (Cute video to watch too) including:

1. Talking about it with someone you feel comfortable with
    2. Not letting bad things weigh you down
    3. Focussing on good stuff.

I wondered though, do any of you guys already follow their tips/advice and what does this look like in reality? I've heard some examples in live chats, but would be good to share more here :)

I know Kooth doing things like we do

Bulling
    Drugs
    Drinking
    Ect

If anyone the age they cover :)
  • Options
    I got bullied a lot. I used to paint all of the time, or sketch, or oil pastel, or colour. I find painting to be the best medium to work with when I'm trying to let out my feelings because I can just lose myself. I used to lose myself when doing any kind of art but I guess personally I like to work with a bigger scale and just go for it when my aim is to let it all out. I don't know, it's hard to explain, it's just kind of more free.

Talking to someone you trust about it is definitely important. I didn't at first and it didn't end well.

I used to keep a written diary which wasn't about the bullying but I think this has relevance. I once wrote something on some paper, I won't get into what but it was basically to get feelings and specific thoughts out of my head, and then I set fire to the paper. Burning it sort of equalled to the specific thoughts happening, like what they were about. It's really hard to explain how that worked for me but it was like a secret kept but told to the world.

So I think when it says, in the video, that you could write down feelings and then screw the paper into a ball and throw it out, that would be a great thing to try. Personally I'd burn it, but I guess it's what you think would work best for you :yes:
  • Options
    Bullying – of all kinds is not very nice to experience. :no: It can make you feel really bad about yourself, and anyone who has been through it knows how difficult it can be. It makes you feel threatened and when we feel like that we get really tense, and wound up and scared.

So I think one of the best ways to get your confidence up is to do something really relaxing – I read a book about Mindfulness – 'The Rough Guide to Mindfulness' by Albert Tolber, which I found in my local library. It’s a really good way to relax yourself, and to focus on something else; it can make you feel heaps calmer, it’s great for whenever you feel stressed or upset. :yes: It’s a great technique to learn, and the book is really helpful and offers clear explanations and little exercises. :yippe: