Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mind over me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When it comes to liking someone for me whether it's boy or girl I seem to down myself. I tell myself that I could never be what they want to I'm not even pretty enough to get there attention and I don't know why I do this... I can confidently give advice to people about dating (I have a couple I put together who is now getting marrIED) and I can't seem to do anything for myself. For example there's someone I have interest in and well so does my friend and even though I've known this person longer and know him better I still try to set them up and it's slowly making me sad inside. The thing is I feel like I'm never enough so I won't even take the chance and I wish I could stop it 😳
<also sorry it's so long>

Comments

• Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hi lonelyhime, hope you're doing ok.

It sounds like what's holding you back is self-esteem and confidence - you are a wonderful person but you are struggling to see it yourself. There are a couple of really helpful articles on self esteem here and here, maybe have a read and see if any of the tips are things you could try?

There are people you can speak to, like the Samaritans, but also just some more simple things which might just be enough to really help give you a boost, such as keeping active and keeping busy and trying new things.

You are obviously a very lovely and caring person to try and make your friends happy, so I think we can help you realise that :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you so much I'll be sure to catch up on reading some of these articles. I really do appreciate it and I will try to find a way to somehow get better with my self esteem ♡
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Well I hope it helps :) I've been there with very low self esteem (even to the point of fixing up friends like you!) and it does get better.

Do keep posting when you need to talk.
    Hi Hime!

I second Cat :) for me, self confidence is the building blocks of a successful relationship/friendship etc. try to enhance it :)
    I'm trying but it's super hard but I really am gonna try ?(???;)