Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

thesite helps in unexpected ways

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's really helped me out today in getting down a chronology of events that I need to take to an appeal at my old workplace. I didn't record anything in my diary- oh no that would be far too easy. So thank goodness I regularly updated here and had a good whinge.

Has it helped anyone else in unexpected ways?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *hug*

Totally agree with you :)
    Definitely helped me with a confidence boost, and that not everyone is judge-mental! :)
    :) me too I think. When I first joined years ago I was really, really shy and so it was a good testing place for 'the real me'. Since no one formed a lynch mob and people were really nice.. sometimes even agreeing with stuff I said it made me feel validated and gave me the confidence to assert myself 'offline'.
    Can definitely relate to you - I think I was more of a ''sit back and watch'' type when I had first joined. But everyone is so lovely and caring, it's like a huge group hug you're being included in! :)
    agree again :yippe:
    :yippe::hyper:
    I've met a few very close friends from thesite, one of whom comes to stay at my house a lot :)
  • Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    I feel better about myself, am beginning to worry less and be more positive. I didn't expect that to ever happen. Met lovely people too.
    Thanks!!!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Making me a better person, I honestly think. I might elaborate on that sometime.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Making me a better person, I honestly think. I might elaborate on that sometime.

Just looking for a cheerful thread to cheer me up :p I wonder if Indrid will ever elaborate... ;)
    Oh my gosh I could go on forever in this thread.

TheSite has made me more confident, I feel TheSite helped me to grow an awful lot, TheSite has helped me to realise my passions, TheSite has made me realise that there are so many people that don't at all judge, I've *met* some amazing people here and some of my closest friends, I've *met* people who inspire me, etc! :heart:
    The Site is just the best, agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i am new here, the site caught my interest, and i hope i learn many things by staying here :)
    *peapie* wrote: »
    The Site is just the best, agree?

Agree! :yes:
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    its helped me realize how far i've come ... like reading my old posts, and reading the recent ones, i still have some down days but theres deffinatley a lot more positive days now than there used to be :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    **helen** wrote: »
    Just looking for a cheerful thread to cheer me up :p I wonder if Indrid will ever elaborate... ;)
    Oh, well. I meant that it's helped me understand some things I originally didn't, which made me more accepting and open-minded eventually. Not that it's purely because of TheSite, but it did play a big part.
    I used to call it "My window to the real world". ;)