Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how do you deal with your boyfriend/girlfriend’s anxiety?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's a quite an important issue and it affects quite a lot of people, both in and out of a relationship.

It's not always easy to stay patient and reasonable, Anxiety isn't a reasonable condition. I wonder if anyone had been affected by this before, and if you had found some ways to help manage either your own, or a boyfriend/girlfriend's anxiety issues? If you have please feel free to share them :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the most important thing really is patience. Sometimes my ex would get angry with me which would make me feel a lot worse because it's not at all something that anyone chooses to suffer with.

There were a few triggers that my ex helped me with though so I learnt that it's good to try and be aware of what does trigger as you can then work together to break that down into really small steps. Having tiny goals to work towards throughout the process definitely works wonders. It's a good idea not to focus too much on the anxiety though!
  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    It is a tough one, it can be hard to be reasonable about someone being unreasonable! There's a really nice video on our YouTube channel about a couple struggling to deal with anxiety. I was just wondering how people think they'd cope with this situation on either, or both, sides?:

[video]http://youtu.be/ZezdJB_YpNI[/video]