Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

This recession is far from over!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,
I am in two minds whether to tell you everything I have discovered about this recession because there are certain people I don't want to educate but here goes

I'm not an economist but I predict that this recession will last around another 7/8 years and it will end in war. Lets see who replies....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doesn't really matter anyway, there's always going to be recessions because of how the system works.
  • Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    The UK has actually been out of recession for a while now, and as JavaKrypt says it's a part of the business cycle that will always return. It's still possible we could double dip, and recently George Osborne spoke about how the slowdown in the eurozone may well hit us here, but looking a lot less likely that it will be a severe return to recession.

Some more useful information here and here :)

If you mean it will take a long time for us to be a booming economy again though, I do agree, and I think the economic landscape has probably changed for good.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think there is a difference between an actual recession and how people feel about their living standards. Most people's living standards have dropped since the beginning of the recession and a lot of people are only just starting to see things pick up - I know I was very desperate a year ago but now things are much easier than they were, but there are things which are still going to be difficult for a while. If you looked at global politics, there's normally a war somewhere which has some kind of impact upon us, but unless things dramatically change with IS I don't foresee WW3 on the horizon.