Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Steve mcmanaman, Whats the story??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm just wondering what ye all think of steve mcmanaman's exclusion from the english squad? (if this has been posted before i'm sorry)he trains week in week out with the worlds elite, Zidane, Figo, Raul...., plays against the top european players too, has two european champions medals, scored in the 2000 final, another in this years semi final, he isn't rotting away in the Real reserves, he gets games. i know he hasn't really performed for england in the past but with his experience of european football, surely should be an asset to englands chances?????
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think his past performances for England have left alot to be desired, Sven can't afford passengers which might at some point play well, he is a good player at club level, but has shown on numerous occasions that at international level he simply isn't good enough.

In addition I don't think his style is suited to Sven's, he is an individual player and sven seems to like a good tight unit, he can't defend either which doesn't help.

I also don't get this 'well we should pick him because he plays for Real Madrid', thats not a reason to pick a player, the choice should be made on his ability alone.