Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

That First PayCheck!!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I remember my first day at work like it was yesterday, but I don't remember my first pay check half as well! This is because it disappeared very quickly! It was the most money i'd ever received and I was excited to spend spend spend. Just because I could right?! I was at school, living at home and didn't really have anything to pay for. If only things were still the same! Now it's "will my incomings cover my outgoings?" never mind the ability to save! My advice? - Save whilst you can! :thumb:

Can you remember your first pay check? If so, what did you do with it? What would you recommend to someone who's about to experience their first ever pay day?!

Are you about to start a new job? Ready to receive your first paycheck? Have you already got plans to spend or save?! Do share your thoughts/worries about paydays here :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I bought a pair of Kurt Geiger shoes with my first ever pay check.
    I bought an iPod touch. Back in 2008.
    bought a rainbow rag rug at the market
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    put some away for mams health bills ... and treated myself to a weekend away shopping with my mate :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Put half into a savings account to go to NZ. The rest probably went on a night out with my mates.
    When I was working at lush I think my first paycheck paid for mobile bill, food and a load of band t-shirts from obscure industrial bands no one has ever heard of...
    Thanks for sharing guys! It's really interesting to read where I money goes! It sounds like a lot of us were quick to spend our first pay check rather quickly!

Questions:

- If you were to get that first pay check again...would you do anything differently? I know I would definitely save a lot more!!

- What would you recommend to someone about to receive their first pay check?? Again, save it if you haven't got anything you need! (there's a different between want and need, honest!)